You heard it here first

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: You heard it here first

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:Would rather have Calders
Me too.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Carvel is solid Smith is pap and is in a good team
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:
Me too.

Me three :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
Me too.

Me three :wink:
This is getting boring - everyone's agreeing with each other! :roll:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

dont think we have a prob with wingers dont we have a couple of speed merchants in our reserves stanton comes to mind ,lenaghan promised to use local tealent more when he came ,but nobby dosnt seem to like the youth players
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Webby1971

Post by Webby1971 »

Are you having a laugh, could Colborn have scored the try Smith scored at Saints last season in the play off's, I don't think so, a decent little player IMO. I do agree that Colborn also isn't a match for Calders either, once again can you imagine what would have happened at Bradford in the play off if that loose ball had fallen to Colborn, I'll tell you, he would probably not have made it to the halfway line. No substitute for pace and Smith & Calders have plenty.
Webby1971

Post by Webby1971 »

Ainscough looked very good in pre season too and not even got a sniff.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawcross da warrior wrote:like i keep saying to my mates whats the point in signing wingers if we dont give our current ones the ball....

we have one of the fastest in the league with calders and were letting him go, then want to go to austrailia and pay over the odds for a super fast winger, i just dont understand it to be honest... :conf:
Neither do I. Especially when the reason given for Calders exit is that he has not "regained fitness" at the same time the club persists with Karl Pryce.

Note I hope Pryce does get fit to play for us but the point is, it is a lame excuse to give (pardon the pun) for Calders exit when we have another player far further away from regaining fitness.

It's so poor an excuse I don't believe it is the real reason (though have no idea what is).

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:like i keep saying to my mates whats the point in signing wingers if we dont give our current ones the ball....

we have one of the fastest in the league with calders and were letting him go, then want to go to austrailia and pay over the odds for a super fast winger, i just dont understand it to be honest... :conf:
Neither do I. Especially when the reason given for Calders exit is that he has not "regained fitness" at the same time the club persists with Karl Pryce.

Note I hope Pryce does get fit to play for us but the point is, it is a lame excuse to give (pardon the pun) for Calders exit when we have another player far further away from regaining fitness.

It's so poor an excuse I don't believe it is the real reason (though have no idea what is).

Dave
But not the first time we've done something like that though Dave. We released Luke Robinson, allegedly because of the salary cap although there were strong rumours of other reasons behind that decision, but then we signed other, more expensive players once he'd gone. I know that it would have been a bit undiplomatic to be honest about why we got rid of him, but perhaps they didn't need to give any reason at all...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Would have thought that it was purely because Noble doesn't rate him.

He was signed from Leeds as the highest try scorer in the league and so would have had a decent salary.

So I would imagine that the club (whoever is in charge) believe that they can get a better player for less money
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------