Danny Brough A Bad Example To Youngsters?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Fraggle

Re: Danny Brough A Bad Example...

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:I know you will probably be :angry: Fraggle but ok, I accept that he WAS right to be annoyed for that but come on, it is his OWN team mate that he was going for in that clip.

That clip involving Brough going mad at his team mate cannot bold well for team spirit?!?!?! :conf: :conf:
He wouldn't shout at an opposition player for giving away such a penalty! They're professional sportsmen, and that penalty is a stupid one to give away, it shows a lack of concentrate and so a rocket up the a**e from a senior player should be appropriate. They can kiss and make up after the game, but that mistake can cost points and for those 80 minutes that's the most important thing.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

2nd most important in my opinion is team spirit for 80 minutes.

We would be complainnig and concerned (about team spirit) on here if say Fielden turned round and went mad about something similar.

Or am I getting :conf:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

turf wrote:I know you will probably be :angry: Fraggle but ok, I accept that he WAS right to be annoyed for that but come on, it is his OWN team mate that he was going for in that clip.

That clip involving Brough going mad at his team mate cannot bold well for team spirit?!?!?! :conf: :conf:
He might be have been Captain for that game - hence his frustration?! :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

I never thought of that butt monkey! :blush: :blush:

In fact that is a good point butt monkey, who IS the captain of Wakefield????

Is it Brough??

I apologise to him if it is!!!! :o :o :D :D :blush: :blush:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Jamie Rooney

Who has been injured of late.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

Who is the stand in captain then?? Seeing as Jamie Rooney is injured.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

turf wrote:Who is the stand in captain then?? Seeing as Jamie Rooney is injured.
His brother Micky

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

turf

Post by turf »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
turf wrote:Who is the stand in captain then?? Seeing as Jamie Rooney is injured.
His brother Micky
That was a serious question actually??

NOT a question about whoever the heck Micky Rooney is?? :conf: :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:2nd most important in my opinion is team spirit for 80 minutes.

We would be complainnig and concerned (about team spirit) on here if say Fielden turned round and went mad about something similar.

Or am I getting :conf:
I don't think all of us would be complaining if our players did it, but I know it's something that's been a topic close to your heart for a long time (eg. Chris Ashton). Personally I think it's a lot of fuss about nothing. If a player needs shouting at to get them to focus and not make stupid mistakes like not playing the ball properly then that's the right approach to take, particularly if it's another senior player who should know better. I'd rather see that kind of spirit on the pitch than players ignoring mistakes and thinking all will be well in the end. It's not as if he's throwing punches at his team mate or they're having a raging argument on the pitch.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:
trotski_tgwu wrote:
His brother Micky
That was a serious question actually??

NOT a question about whoever the heck Micky Rooney is?? :conf: :conf:
You've not heard of Mickey Rooney? Turf, you need to get out in the world a bit more, the guy's a legend... although I was a bit surprised that this famous movie star was last seen in pantomime at the Sunderland Empire last year! According to Wikipedia: "In 2008, Rooney will enter the Guinness Book of Records as the actor with longest career on both stage and screen".

So no, Mickey Rooney perhaps isn't Jamie's stand-in as skipper, but it might be his other brother Wayne...

[hr]