Lockers back for Saints game?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Lockers back for Saints game?

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Lock ... 4390027.jp
The Wigan skipper is still sidelined with a shoulder injury but has targeted their Super League date against St Helens at Knowsley
Road on September 5 as his comeback game.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Lockers back for Saints game?

Post by Mike »

Reading the full article it seems that this is just him feeling optimistic. He says he has an XRay on Monday but he feels a bit better now. Totally speculative.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike wrote:Reading the full article it seems that this is just him feeling optimistic. He says he has an XRay on Monday but he feels a bit better now. Totally speculative.
Yeah, maybe; it'll give medlocke another chance to comment, though... :wink:
Fraggle

Re: Lockers back for Saints ga...

Post by Fraggle »

One option might be to put Lockers in the second row rather than loose forward. Hansen's been a bit hit-and-miss recently, ditto Bailey, and with Hock out we're missing a bit of fire power there. I agree that Tomkins has been superb and I agree that he deserves to stay. So maybe Lockers at 11 or 12 with maybe Bailey, and Hansen on the bench as interchange.

Assuming the lad's fit. He's no good to use getting injured after 10 minutes...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:
Mike wrote:Reading the full article it seems that this is just him feeling optimistic. He says he has an XRay on Monday but he feels a bit better now. Totally speculative.
I'll save him the trouble :wink:

If Wigan win against Wakey and Leeds Noble should not disrupt a side that will have put together its best winning run of the season for an un-match fit Lockers.

Lockers isn't a good enough player to warrant automatic return to the side and has even when fit has had a mediocre season.

Personally with everyone fit and not suspended I think a back row of Tomkins, Hansen and Hock will soon reach the stage (if it hasn't already) of being a better back row combination than Lockers and any two of those three.

Dave
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

GeoffN wrote:
NO :angry:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
I'll save him the trouble :wink:

If Wigan win against Wakey and Leeds Noble should not disrupt a side that will have put together its best winning run of the season for an un-match fit Lockers.

Lockers isn't a good enough player to warrant automatic return to the side and has even when fit has had a mediocre season.

Personally with everyone fit and not suspended I think a back row of Tomkins, Hansen and Hock will soon reach the stage (if it hasn't already) of being a better back row combination than Lockers and any two of those three.

Dave
:eusa2: thanks Dave