GIANTS IN HISTORIC MOVE – FREE ENTRY AT CATALANS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Re: huddersfield announcement

Post by Matthew »

It won't be SBW - he wants to become an All Black and he won't do that playing for the giants.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pieater-alex wrote:
Fraggle wrote:Merged threads on same subject - Fraggle...
Where was our 2 new mods? Slacking on the job and relying on the old pros already. :wink:
I did do it, Fraggle just posted that for me :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Poor attendances are in part due to big clubs being reasonably close by. Kids in the likes of Huddersfield and Halifax are attracted more by the big teams of Leeds and Bradford.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

The big anoucment is that they have signed Lockyer for next season.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

gillysmyhero wrote:The big anoucment is that they have signed Lockyer for next season.
That might actually be a good thing

Firsly, Lockyer; whilst brilliant, is far from the player he once was - and will probably miss quite a few games through injury

Secondly, as Barrett has experienced at Wigan, he can expect to be the target for other teams. Even with Barrett in the side we have won nothing - and I would expect the same to be true for Lockyer at the giants. I would imagine that Lockyer along with Hodgson would command most of the giants cap

Lastly, this will outrage the NRL - who will hopefully have the salary cap repealed; which will hopefully lead to the relaxing of the too small cap in SL
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Shaun1967

Re: GIANTS IN HISTORIC MOVE ��...

Post by Shaun1967 »

Has anybody seen that on teletext today?

"The Giants could open more than two sides of their ground if free admission draws a five-figure crowd for Saturday's visit of Catalans."
Is this league really that super?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:Think the announcement is about season tickets for next season.
Yep, they intend doubling the ST holders and provide free transport to home and away games. King Kabs have already booked 2 taxi's to cover
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
mikey-warriors

Post by mikey-warriors »

i think publicity stunt with not big news
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The backroom staff and players are baffled too as to what Ken Davy could be announcing.
Huddersfield Giants joint Head Coach Kieron Purtill admits he is excited by the clubs decision to offer FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL for the clash with the Catalans Dragons (Saturday 7.30pm Kick Off), and revealed that the players and coaching staff are as much in the dark as anyone else with regards to Ken Davy's 'historic' announcement at half-time.

"We are hoping for a big turn out and that people come down due to the free entry offer. I think it's a great opportunity not only for Giants fans but for the general Rugby League fan, it is great when we play in front of a big crowd which we have done a couple of times this year. The boys get a real buzz off it and it should be an exciting game. With regards to the announcement, there's not only interest from outside, there is interest from inside the club as well. A lot of the staff and the players are talking about it and there are a lot of rumours flying around. I'm sure the interest is building amongst fans and all will be revealed at half-time."
No sign of any Darren Lockyer announcement in the Aussie press (or any other player for that matter), so it seems highly unlikely to be a new player from overseas.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31164
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

It will have to be one Hell of an announcement if any local interest in Super League is to be generated.

Visited the Galpharm last season;Never Again!

£19 to get in and if there were more than 2 of you, you had to split up. Three quarters of the seats were covered in nets and the jobsworth stewards were insisting everyone fill up the odd few empty seats scattered about the small area which had been opened up!

5,000+ crowd of which 4,000 were Wiganers. It was obvious they had never handled a crowd so big before! I was against their being awarded a franchise when the likes of Widnes, one of the biggest names in RL and with acknowledged support, were overlooked!