Carney crocked again!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Carney crocked again!

Post by mrs_carney »

He may not be there on friday but you can still hope
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Thats quite a while ago lol, even if you went to more than one game last season you'd of been lucky to see him.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wonder how much of Carney we will see again. Isn't he likely to go and play union at the end of the year? That would be very sad. With us paying Faz till he's fit enough to leave us, but it all adds up to a club having terrible trouble attracting and keeping a decent team...
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Hes goin aus at the end of the season, to souths i think
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:( Then Souths can pay his sick note fees, good player but a diabolical liability with the salary cap, he just does'nt play enough matches !
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I agree. I'm sick of these play one match miss five. He is a good player but we need to be able to rely on people playing through the pain barrier
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Tommy Tank

Post by Tommy Tank »

I agree with the Black Pearl they do my head in. Get rid of the soft get's.
In Out In Out Shake It All About
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

The Black Pearl posted:
I agree. I'm sick of these play one match miss five. He is a good player but we need to be able to rely on people playing through the pain barrier
There's playing through the pain barrier and then there's playing when injured. Every time Carney has had an injury he picks up another one when he returns, it's because we rush players back into the team. It's because we're limited in squad size, comes down to salary cap restrictions. I also believe all these twists and sprains are partly the fault of the pitch at the JJB.

As for making out they're soft, have you ever been to a game and watched them play? ...because it doesn't sound like it.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

robjoenz posted:
The Black Pearl posted:
There's playing through the pain barrier and then there's playing when injured. Every time Carney has had an injury he picks up another one when he returns, it's because we rush players back into the team. It's because we're limited in squad size, comes down to salary cap restrictions. I also believe all these twists and sprains are partly the fault of the pitch at the JJB.

As for making out they're soft, have you ever been to a game and watched them play? ...because it doesn't sound like it.
Well said
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mrs_carney posted:
robjoenz posted:
The Black Pearl posted:

Well said
Don't think so. Why are we limited re squad size? We are limited financially as is everyone else. It's how we spend the money that dictates the squad size. If the club decides to give 3 or 4 players 40/50% of the salary cap then we end up in a situation like this