Ben Thaler

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Ben Thaler

Post by ian b »

fozzard and sculthorpe always lead with forearms and not with the ball carrying arm.Watched meli nearly take a players head off and wasnt even put on report,the same goes for sculthorpe on higham last night and calderwood could catch Brough if he gave him a 30 metre start so he never did him on purpose Brough played on it.It is just a case of bias against Wigan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

The argument used for most of the send-offs is "intent". How could Thaler not judge the Sculthorpe incident as "intent" IF as he says, he "saw it"?
butt monkey wrote:If I remember correctly Eddie Hemmings said last night (on the SL extra show). So far there have been 5 players "sent off" in super League matches - four of which have come from Wigan!!!!!!

He did pose the question to Brian Noble, who was very circumspect, whether Wigan were "doing something wrong" and that "Brian Noble had spent half his time at the judiciary this season" - just getting players "off" their charges or representing them at cases.

Why has Wigan's discipline become "so bad"? Is it that bad? Or are Wigan victims of some sort of RFL biased purge that ignores other incidents committed from players from other teams, yet "comes down hard" on any indiscretion from Wigan?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

just sent an email to said mr cummins regarding the blatant bias against wigan,Do not expet a reply from this muppet.What an utter bloody disgrace!!Call themselves referees!I think not.Cannot say what i really feel as i'm sure cp and josie will be down on me like a ton of bricks. What i will say though.Is bloody well done lads you did us proud last night.Made my journey back to the midlands an enjoyable one. :angry: :angry: :angry:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

KOOCH wrote:just sent an email to said mr cummins regarding the blatant bias against wigan,Do not expet a reply from this muppet.What an utter bloody disgrace!!Call themselves referees!I think not.Cannot say what i really feel as i'm sure cp and josie will be down on me like a ton of bricks. What i will say though.Is bloody well done lads you did us proud last night.Made my journey back to the midlands an enjoyable one. :angry: :angry: :angry:
It is fair to say that the "full-time" referees are ruining the games enjoyment for the fans now. Games can and are being decided on the "whims" of the officials rather than the quality of play - and that is wrong.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

butt monkey wrote:
KOOCH wrote:just sent an email to said mr cummins regarding the blatant bias against wigan,Do not expet a reply from this muppet.What an utter bloody disgrace!!Call themselves referees!I think not.Cannot say what i really feel as i'm sure cp and josie will be down on me like a ton of bricks. What i will say though.Is bloody well done lads you did us proud last night.Made my journey back to the midlands an enjoyable one. :angry: :angry: :angry:
It is fair to say that the "full-time" referees are ruining the games enjoyment for the fans now. Games can and are being decided on the "whims" of the officials rather than the quality of play - and that is wrong.
And the "interpritations" of different officials butt monkey
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

butt monkey wrote:
If we have parity accross the board then i have no problem.But do we have parity or fairness? i think not!Nor will things change until wigan rfc start to be more vocal in the defence of players and the ludicrous state of reffing.The stains sh*tes woud be shouting the sodding rafters down if even one of thier players was spoken to by the ref.Let alone binned or red carded.For god sake wigan stand up for yourselves.We are better than those sewer rats from stains. :devi: :angry: :evil:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I dont usually get involved in criticising refs as it is the easiest the thing to do rather than than blame your own players or tactics.Last night however was a poor di splay all round from BT and i hope this is addressed by SC.
weststandguy

Post by weststandguy »

kootch any chance you could post that e-mail address so we can all make our feelings known
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears..and I've been to St Helens"-john Bishop
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

weststandguy wrote:kootch any chance you could post that e-mail address so we can all make our feelings known
Just go on to the RFL website askstuart@rfl.uk.com
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

If everyone sends a mail then at least he might get sick of receiving mail from us.

I will probably send another mail to Phil "Cliff Richard" Clarke for his bland column on sky sports - just so that he can blindly defend the ref like he always does - it must pay well to be the official pet goon for Sky!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------