Much better

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Much better

Post by mrs_carney »

Well said rob, if we get rid of scully we're back to where we were at the start of the season, i dont think theres anything wrong with him, if every offload came off you'd be praising him like hell, ok everytime it doesnt work but its nice to see a forward with a bit of flare, fielden likes a fight would you say bradford should get rid of him?
And as for chorleywarrior, you were stating your opinion, me and mrslam were stating ours!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

mrs_carney posted:
Well said rob, if we get rid of scully we're back to where we were at the start of the season, i dont think theres anything wrong with him, if every offload came off you'd be praising him like hell, ok everytime it doesnt work but its nice to see a forward with a bit of flare, fielden likes a fight would you say bradford should get rid of him?
And as for chorleywarrior, you were stating your opinion, me and mrslam were stating ours!
Yes your quite right I was stating my opinion,and also stating what I saw with my own eyes,you can go on about this and that all day long but the facts are we still made very basic errors at times against Leigh, which they should have improved on after the defeat by London!now whether you agree with me or not if they don't learn quickly then we face 2 defeats over the Easter weekend,and if anyone on here says that the passing and tackling was'nt sloppy at times then take off your cherry and white glasses and give them a dam good wipe!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: Oh come on every body, it was'nt 'GREAT' it certainly was'nt 'EXCITING', it was a job well done against a very poor outfit, and by Betts playing Carney way past the point of him being effective he could now be out for another 2 months !
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Totally agree it was pathetic and boring and in the end we won, i mean whats all that about???? :conf:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Tommy Tank

Post by Tommy Tank »

Leigh are the worst team ever to grace the field trying to pass themselves off as a super league team. We were pretty average and I think we could have had more points. We did a job but after watching the scum last night we'll have to step it up another few gears if we are going to win.
In Out In Out Shake It All About
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Can you ever post anything under 50 pages long? Have you never heard of the word concise?
Get out of the wrong side of bed did we? :doz:

As to being concise you just quoted my entire message to make the above stupid remark so being concise obviously doessn't apply to you.

Can you use the quote system propery? Obviously not!

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Can you ever post anything under 50 pages long? Have you never heard of the word concise?
Get out of the wrong side of bed did we? :doz:

As to being concise you just quoted my entire message to make the above stupid remark so being concise obviously doessn't apply to you.

Can you use the quote system propery? Obviously not!

Dave
Apologies for being a prat Dave - not going to bed was the problem!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

7th place side in 6th position? :wink:

You may have read on this and a few other posts that there is a complete difference of opinion. I refuse to say that the only reason we put so many past was because Leigh were so bad, we did play well. As I've said before, there were a lot of new moves tried out in this match and yes it probably is the only match we could afford to attempt them in but it was still good to see.

I'm not having it that Leigh went into the game and made no attempt to win it, of course they did. It's taken them years to get into this division and they would have been well up for a game against us just like every other team are, we scored against them in the first half when they were fresh and we scored against them in the second half when they were probably tiring.

I don't see the point in us even discussing the game on Friday because win or lose we still "won't be good enough" People will still whinge about the quality of coaches, players and management and I'm sure the reason we won will just be luck or Saints will have played badly and the two points will mean nothing to our final standing.

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i think the weather this week could play a big part.if the pitch is dry and firm it will help our lighter pack as we should be more mobile. i have been impressed by the saints so far i think they are second to leeds but on any given day we can beat them. WIGAN...WIGAN...WIGAN

sign on, sign on , with a cheque in your hand and you,ll never work again ....you,ll never work again, sign on sign on
dedicated to self pity city
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Apologies for being a prat Dave - not going to bed was the problem!
Been there and done that myself often enough. No worries. :eusa4:

Dave