Wigan did not break the salary cap in 2007 but....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Wigan did not break the salary cap in 2007 but....

Post by DaveO »

.....Saints did.

St Helens have been fined £8,456, a sum equal to the amount of money that the club exceeded the finite Salary Cap by last season.

This is from the RFL.

Dave
trotski_tgwu

Re: Wigan did not break the salary cap in 2007 but....

Post by trotski_tgwu »

DaveO wrote:.....Saints did.

St Helens have been fined £8,456, a sum equal to the amount of money that the club exceeded the finite Salary Cap by last season.

This is from the RFL.

Dave
What no points deducted? hardly a punishment fitting the Crime now is it?

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

Fujiman

Re: Wigan did not break the sa...

Post by Fujiman »

Nobby`s Girl wrote: :eusa3: Well done Wigan, at last its nice to hear we are clear. Im guessing it would have been IL and JL whom put our case together, good work, certainly a huge inprovement in our club! :)

Un-lucky Saints, shame all the other years we not found out aswell!! :devi: You`ll get your cumupance one day!
Thought IL said at the first forum that it was nothing to do with him when asked then about breaching the cap. Could be wrong though
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

How many breaches is that in the last few years for Saints? They're quick to jump on the Wigan fans when we break the cap but they either forget or put the blinkers on when it involves their club.

I know we probably broke it by more, in the past but that's not the point. :angry:

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:Un-lucky Saints, shame all the other years we not found out aswell!!
That's not quite true, they've had a few "technical infringements", whatever they were. But they've managed to get away with it every time whereas other clubs guilty of repeat offences have had points deductions. There does seem to be a different rule in place for the Skints...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

All together now...

Same old scousers........................
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

FROM A TO B wrote:All together now...

Same old scousers........................
Same old *u*k*n* scouse w*n*e*.I would like to find out the name of the bent b*s*a*r* that manages to keep them out of the s*i* they have been swimming in for years.Probably the same d*c*h*a*s that appoint the likes of that muppet ganson to the dizzy hights of wembley.The old adage Mates in High places strings to mind. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Makes your blood boil.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sts have broke it in some form or another every year
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
pedro

Post by pedro »

Sutty wrote:How many breaches is that in the last few years for Saints? They're quick to jump on the Wigan fans when we break the cap but they either forget or put the blinkers on when it involves their club.

I know we probably broke it by more, in the past but that's not the point. :angry:
minor breaches every year I think Sutty from what I can remember
ferreira

salary cap!?!

Post by ferreira »

how do teams such as st helens warrington and leeds all get away with big names in there squads and abide by this rule? can we think about signing there negotiator's maybe we will have a team made up of nothing but sonny bill's.. its puzzles me i think maybe out side sponsors as they all ways say before the game each player sponsor.. if so i am willing to put up listing to the squad list's for 5 minutes longer if it means we can sign bigger and better names? any one else care to share something on this?