CLEAR OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: CLEAR OUT

Post by ian b »

your spot on mate!!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

What bloody depressing reading this is!And how sad!I could smash my head up against a brick wall with frustration(see emoticons)at our once beautiful club being trashed like this.If we all feel so damned bad about Brian Noble why have we not started an opinion poll to get rid of him? We all know that the only way to get rid of BN and bring in a top coach is to refrain from buying a season ticket.And i for sure am not going to do that,Nor would i advocate such a thing.However,i do believe that no matter what we say either through this forum or any other manner will it bring anout a change in coaching staff ie bn as IL&JL seem to see him as being a good coach.So the obvious answer to this question can only be that we know nowt about rugby and should politely keep our opinions to ourselves. :( :( :( :blush: :blush: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

KOOCH

i have started a couple of threads this season to get Noble out and to gauge other peoples opinions on this matter.

I still say that he will be out for next year and should have been out well before now.We could have been re building now for next season.

We are very close to the point of no return

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

i still don't rate liam colbon, he is a butterfingers, and not speedy enough in my opinion.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

ian b wrote:Noble inherited this mess he did not cause it.The problem started long before Noble in the shape of those parasites lindsay and whelan.They cleared out numerous young players Briscoe,Robinson,Wild the list is endless,to pay the wages of our Aussie players.Barrett is possibly,what ever you think,the best standoff i have seen in superleague for years.Because he is going home i agree he should not be playing cos his heart isnt in it. we need to start having faith in our young talent ie S Tomkins and retain them on long contracts and within a couple of years we will have a team and not a group of individuals.I believe any coach would struggle at Wigan at the moment.
I agree,the club was in terrible state when Noble took over. Not just because of the ruinous rein of Whelan and Lindsay but also the damage done by agent Millward. I personally feel it will take five years for Leneghan to turn this club round. I have now lost faith in Noble, and have found it difficult to forgive them for the way they have thrown the towel in on many occasions this season. Young players need to be nurtured and need the support of more experienced players to help them adjust to first tean football. Unfortunately its not there at present and the whole set up needs root and branch reform. Throwing about six or seven in all at once will not work, the gap between reserve and acedamy football and the Superleague is too wide.Farrell, Newton, Smith andd Radlinski leaving the club was a major blow from which we have never recovered. If we do not get things right another generation of young players will be lost.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

GeoffN wrote:
pieater-alex wrote:
One player who must go - Richie Mathers. He is a waste of space he can't do anything right seemingly. Not good enough. Move pat ro fullback and promote Stanton or Ainscough for me.
I'd agree, although to be fair I thought he had a reasonable game on Friday, compared to some of the others. Made three good one-on-one tackles, for the first time ever!
he was also beaten by a simple side step twice that cost trys.He's not good enough.also the way Noble has used Calderwood is a disgrace,to give Colbon game time ahead of Calders is laughable as was playing Coley in the second row,subing Higham by the clock when he was playing well and disrupting lu-lu's game at the same time"madness"
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:Guessing your upset because we lost...
Nobby picked the squad and game plan for the game….
Nobby changed the team….
Why did Nobby have to change the team?....
Ever stopped to think what 1 change does to a winning team? It affects everyone, making other players move position and "take a step back" sit on the bench when they should be playing the full 80.....

Fact is rather than blaming Nobby for last night, try taking a look at Twinkle toes Trent! All last nights change was for him! He should never have played and should have been dropped like the last few weeks, Timmy and Tommy are learning to play along side each other and within the last few games you can see the pair and team showing they can play as a team, and horary winning results!
So who picked the team Nobby or Trent? You logic is warped. You can't defend Noble saying Trent should not have played when it was down to Noble that he did play.

The problem was/is Noble was/is clueless as to how to have all three half backs in the same side. The reshuffle when TL went to no. 9 left us looking clueless on the park as well.

Hadn't they played like this in training? If not why not? There didn't seem to be any evidence of it on Friday. The reshuffle should have been worked out on the training ground and be expected. The players looked confused when it happened.

IMO what Noble should have done was start Smith at 7 with Barrett at 6. They are both better half backs than TL can ever hope to be.

The object of the exercise at this stage of the season is to do well in the league and the play offs. To do that you put your best players on the park so suggesting he leave Barrett out so Smith and TL can learn each others game for next season is daft. They won't get many games together as it is and will probably have forgotten each other names never mind how they play together by the time next season starts.
I think you`ll find the exact same thing happened earlier on in the season, Twinkle toes plays, we go on a loosing run, Twinkle toes missed few games, we win, Twinkle toes returns we go back to loosing! I begged he wouldn’t play last night and I’m Begging he doesn’t play against Saints!
You won't find this at all and why on earth you are begging he doesn't play v Saints God only knows. He is the best player in the side by a mile.

Dave
superleague

Post by superleague »

sheepdip wrote:
Farrell, Newton, Smith andd Radlinski leaving the club was a major blow from which we have never recovered. If we do not get things right another generation of young players will be lost.
i also believe this was a big factor you can also add lam, o'conner, cassidy to that list all these players were the backbone of wigan and they were never replace with quality and we have struggled ever since 2004.
before anybody says anything like we werent winning trophys at least we were consitantly 3rd 4th and making finals.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

[quote="DaveO
The problem was/is Noble was/is clueless as to how to have all three half backs in the same side. The reshuffle when TL went to no. 9 left us looking clueless on the park as well.
Dave[/quote]

Spot on! When Micky Higham left the field at 10-12, it all went t*ts up. Leuluai is not a hooker!!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

From what I have seen this season the team have played better with Tim Smith than they have with Trent. Play Smith against saints IMO
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09