Re: Todd Carney 1 year deal.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:absolute joke.

Stop signing all these aussies!

What the bloody hell do we need another half for?

Excatly our opinions!! Why on earth bring ANOTHER IN!!!

Getting quite peed of with this now :exc:

There is nothing wrong with Tommy and Smith at 6&7,
Riddel 9 with young Mickey 2nd hooker! :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :angry: :devi:
Depends if you are happy at being a mid to play off team with the odd good performance , or you want to challenge for a trophy . Sometimes you need to push on and the squad with the players above would be the same as this year if not weaker (without Barrett) Carney would give us the option's I would still like another Quality prop and would bring a winger in , if we can not afford all Aincough to step in next season as we should have Pryce fit which is another signing in effect .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

FROM A TO B wrote:why do we need 2 more props?
Feka, Fielden, Coley and good youngsters coming through?
Depends on the wing if we can keep Pat at FB, then we are loking stable for next year. With a big hooker and what we have seen from Smith so far, I'm looking forward to the next few seasons (or is it deja vu) :eh:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

no point having smith and tommy becuase we havtn fot the power to drive us forward so they get the ball...

were not a threat.. we need a forward that scares people...
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we do need a prop or 2 that can play two thirty minute periods if required,preferably large and aggressive. Sam tomkins needs to be given a chance before we lose him as does stanton.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FROM A TO B wrote:why do we need 2 more props?
Feka, Fielden, Coley and good youngsters coming through?
Depends on the wing if we can keep Pat at FB, then we are loking stable for next year. With a big hooker and what we have seen from Smith so far, I'm looking forward to the next few seasons (or is it deja vu) :eh:
I think we need a prop and a 2nd row. Yes we have 2nd row's coming out of our ears but we have Hock and then no one to match what Fletcher brought to the side.

We are very lightweight in the back three.

On rlfans even Lockers most ardent supporters have slowly come to the conclusion J Tomkins has the makings of a better 13 than Lockers and are suggesting when fit Lockers gets a 2nd row spot.

I'd ask this question then. Would a back row of Hock, Lockers and Tomkins be more of a threat then Hock, Fletcher Mk II and Tomkins? I think the answer is obviously not.

So unless the club stops being nice to certain players and gets the right players in we will struggle to match other sides. Leeds back row walked all over ours on Friday.

The same applies at prop. I give Coley credit for his effort but he isn't Barrie Mac, Neil Cowie or Andy Platt, Pongia or Craig Smith. We need a player of this ilk and if we get one we might see more from Fielden.

I think the club has believed its own proess about certain players being of good enough standard when in fact they are not.

Dave
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

WIGAN TILL I DIE
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Eaststander wrote:http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 06,00.html

he's gone to huddersfield.
The Australian says wrote:However, it appears unfashionable Huddersfield has secured the 22-year-old on a one-year deal, which would allow him to return to the NRL in 2010.
Unfashionable Huddersfield!

:lol:
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why we and Huddersfield or any other side want to employ a half back for one season I really don't understand.

I suppose we have an excuse with Smith due to Barrett's early departure.

I can only hope the fact that both players who won the young player of the year awards were both half backs means the club thinks they are good enough for job sooner rather than later.

Dave
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 55351.aspx
It looks like its us after all............

Link fixed - Josie :)
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TRICKY DICKY wrote:http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 55351.aspx
It looks like its us after all............

Link fixed - Josie :)
Well that says 1 yeat deal with the option of another year for 2010. Same as Smith.

What chance of them both leaving at the end of 2009 having rehabilitated their careers with us? Very high IMO.

Dave