New Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brad5926

New Team

Post by Brad5926 »

What would your Starting Wigan 17 be for next season this is including people we have been heavily linked with or rumours have ermerged linking them with us.

i.e
Yes = Todd Carney
No - Greg Ingles, Jonathan Thurston ect

This would be my team

1.Richards
2.Ainscough/Stanton
3.Pryce
4.Carmont
5.Phelps
6.Smith
7.Leuleui
8.Coley
9.Riddell
10.Wiki
11.Hock
12.O'loughlin
13.J.Tomkins

14.Mcllorum
15.Feka
16.Hansen
17.S.Tomkins
pedro

Re: New Team

Post by pedro »

TL before Carney?
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

i have seen Carney play numerous times on setanta and the net but i just dont see any point in signing another NRL alcholic, our staff have to kope with Smith so why give them another to babysit
pedro

Post by pedro »

cos you said include them.....he is 3 times the player of TL
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

i ment if you think Wigan should have them signed up next season, in this case i dont think wigan should sign him, forget he is a better player the fact that he would be another person along with smith to possibly send us backwards depending on their offield acts, i no this could happen to anyone but if they have a reputation such as carneys then why?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whether Tommy Lu Lu is better or worse I would say that irrespective, Smith should be the player going to dummy half. Tommy Lu Lu 's best asset is running with the ball in hand and using his step. He can do that better at first or second receiver.

If we sign Carney, that means no more overseas players. Prop = Carvell? Only suggesting this because Saints have now opted to resign Hargreaves which means Carvell will either stay at Hull or come to Wigan.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

i see mathers as a complete waste of space and slowinng the teams development in the league down completly, Bailey has served his time but i dont think we no longer need him, S.Tomkins should undoubtedly be played as much as possible this season but onli against lesser team like G.O.W said.Pryce is flexible as he could play centre or winger and if needed, a backup SR.Phelps is a possiblity at FB as IL stated at the last Forum phelps liked to play at FB.Richards is useful either at Winger or FB as his size and strength are big assets to the team
ian b

Post by ian b »

wigan are takin the p---s signing carney.Another alcoholic on a one year until an aussie club signs him same goes for smith its a bloody halfway house for losers.If they did sign wiki i wouldnt renew my season ticket.Lets start playing some young English talent or we will never get out of this mess.
superleague

Post by superleague »

what ever the team is it will be same old same old crap, inconsistent, too many penalties, no idea in attack, one out rugby and idiot of a coach saying we will have to put humpty dumpty back to gether again next week :angry:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

1. Richards
2. Pryce
3. Phelps
4. Carmont
5. Fox
6. Smith
7. Carney
8. Fielden
9. Ridell