Re: Do we deserve a club?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

wgnwrs wrote:Our fans are crap, we don't sing, we don't get behind the team, we boo, we complain, we abuse players, we abuse the coach.

And the result of this is we abuse the club's name.

Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"

Well said that man.
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

DaveO wrote:Do we deserve a club?

You are asking the wrong question.

At the moment it should be "Do the club deserve the fans?"

absolutley spot on. wigan fans are the best in the league they turn up every week no matter what. I'm sure if the players at put their hearts and souls into it in a couple of weeks when we play saints the fans will be very loud (probably will be anyway)and we will definitley be there in numbers
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

kirkamania wrote:

absolutley spot on. wigan fans are the best in the league they turn up every week no matter what. I'm sure if the players at put their hearts and souls into it in a couple of weeks when we play saints the fans will be very loud (probably will be anyway)and we will definitley be there in numbers
Not so sure about that, as of yesterday we hadn't even sold our initial 1,300 allocation.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4159
Wigan Warriors still have some tickets remaining for the engage Super League XIII away fixture with St. Helens to be played on Friday 5th September at the GPW Recruitment Stadium,(8pm kick off). These are now on General Sale.
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

GeoffN wrote:
kirkamania wrote:

Not so sure about that, as of yesterday we hadn't even sold our initial 1,300 allocation.

Wigan Warriors still have some tickets remaining for the engage Super League XIII away fixture with St. Helens to be played on Friday 5th September at the GPW Recruitment Stadium,(8pm kick off). These are now on General Sale.
still a week left to the game so i'm pretty sure they will sell. you got your ticket yet?
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

wgnwrs wrote:Our fans are crap, we don't sing, we don't get behind the team, we boo, we complain, we abuse players, we abuse the coach.

Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"

Well said that man.
Thanks mate.Remind me to applaud extra hard, shout the house down, and have a right rollocking good laugh the next time stains put fifty odd past us.I'm sure the players will appreciate my enthusiasm and play much better when we next play the likes of huddersfield etc!Come on now mate be realistic.We applaud when we are playing well even though we may lose the game.And we bloody well shout abuse when playing crap. :conf:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wgnwrs - am i a crap fan?

tbh i doubt wgnwrs will reply to anything on this thread.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian b

Post by ian b »

Well said that man.
sorry mate,you are talking s--te.I like many have been watching this club for years and every home game we sing our b----cks off at the back of the east stand.We spend our hard earned money to go to the games and i like many feel we are getting short changed at the moment.I have never called for Noble to go.I have booed the team and it was deserved the way they played against Huddersfield. Get it in to your head we pay their wages.Or we could sit there clapping and screaming like chimps as though nothing was wrong.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The simple fact is the Wakefield fans went there prepared to be second best. As Wigan fans we don't accept this, and we have witnessed this too often, not just this year but over the last few years.
There was all a lot of frustration that night, but I think this was mainly aimed at Ben Thaler.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I read in a letter to RLExpress by a wakefield fan 2 weeks ago that they are great fans and take 3,000 people to away matches everywhere! I found this quite amusing. 300 is more accurate.

think it was 3 weeks ago*
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

kirkamania wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
kirkamania wrote: absolutley spot on. wigan fans are the best in the league they turn up every week no matter what. I'm sure if the players at put their hearts and souls into it in a couple of weeks when we play saints the fans will be very loud (probably will be anyway)and we will definitley be there in numbers

still a week left to the game so i'm pretty sure they will sell. you got your ticket yet?
Yep, first day they went on sale. My point is that when the original allocation of 1,300 was announced, I and many others said that was nowhere near enough (we normally take 3,000 there). In previous seasons those would have been snapped up by season ticket holders within a couple of hours of going on sale.