Terry o'Connor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Terry o'Connor

Post by mrs_carney »

Well our great players like rads are getting on a bti and if we want new rads' etc then we're going to have to let them shine through
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

It has taken some time for the penny to drop, but we have an opportunity.

We should grab that opportunity now so we dont regret it.

Our destiny is actually in our own hands
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: Now I've heard it all, Quality players like:-

Hansen,Beswick,Colbon,Wild,allen ??????

Not one of the top 4 SL teams would have these in their squad, these are not quality players, they are squad fillers !!!!!

If we don't aquire some quality soon this could be our worst ever SL season.
If you're going to quote people, do it right. Read my post that you misquoted from, and you'll see that I said "players of the quality of..." not "quality players", which is a totally different thing.
Of course they're squad fillers, we've been trying to explain the salary cap restricitions to you, without success, for ages. I'd say they compare more than favourably with any other club's non 20/20 players.
Leeds...
21. Liam Botham
22. Nick Scruton
23. Lee Smith

Bradford...
20. Matt Cook
25 Brett Ferres
27 Rob Parker.

Saints...

19. James Graham
20. Ian Hardman
22. Rickey Bibey

The difference is, I can produce facts to back my points, rather than innuendo, misquotes or rumours from the toilet cleaner's uncle's friend.

Next!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:sly: OK so I got the qute slightly wrong, but same meaning, and what I have posted I stick by, the other top 4 clubs would NOT be interested in these players, they are just not good enough, and don't make a difference when they come off the bench.

And you don't need to explain the 20/20 rule to me, perhaps a message to Doris might be helpfull, that is if he is still bothered, as I for one don't think he gives a t_ss anymore.

Who is running this club ?????
There are now slots available in our squad, I recon 3 if Doris does'nt get out there and bring in some weight and experience immediately....I can't contemplate the consequences.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:sly: OK so I got the qute slightly wrong, but same meaning, and what I have posted I stick by, the other top 4 clubs would NOT be interested in these players, they are just not good enough, and don't make a difference when they come off the bench.
So which of our (non 20/20) players would you swap for any of those examples, and why?
There are now slots available in our squad, I recon 3 if Doris does'nt get out there and bring in some weight and experience immediately....I can't contemplate the consequences.
Whom do you suggest? Can't you ever suggest anything concrete, rather than a vague "something must be done"? Tell us which quality players are available "immediately".
I still maintain that the squad pre-season was a good one; any of the other clubs would have struggled just like we have if they lost 1/4 of their squad to injury.
Take Albert, Long, Sculthorpe, Fozzard, Feunati and Hooper out of the saints squad and look what they'd be left with. (that's the equivalent of Carney, Moran, Farrell, Davico, Hock, and Orr)