Farrell Health Problem?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Farrell Health Problem...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Agreed Doug - Hanley & Kenny would have been my choices
Special K

Post by Special K »

I agree Wigan4Ever Faz was our best player last year along with Craig Smith who i may add has been given a contract at Newcastle Knights and who have we brought in Seu Seu who is mediocre at best and Guisset who has played ok but will never be big enough to play Prop.

Come on Doris bring us some one with a bit of talent :(
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan4Ever posted:
Well Farrell is gone now and I can't help but feel totally gutted.

One half of me says 'good luck Faz and thanks for everything'. The other half can't believe he has just left us totally in the brown smelly stuff, without a word - as I haven't seen any statements from Faz himself over this.
He has made one now on the Wigan club web site but it is a none event IMO. The usual "new challenge, hard decision" guff countless other players have spouted before.
I can't help feeling there is more to this than we (the fans, who obviously don't matter) know and it is high time Mo or Faz or someone gave us a detailed explanation as to why it happened.
Since I am quoting Bill Shankly today here is another about what matters:

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

If only!

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
I think if your memory of Wigan inludes the delights of Jimmy Fairhusrt but not Dave Bolton then it's Hanley and Kenny everytime. For those who only started when the other famour Irishman was at 6 Fran O'Botticca :lol: then I suppose Faz would be a favourite...but take it from me (and Jimmy) you won't get any better than Janley & Kenny. Shame we never saw them in the same side. :)
Ahhh nostalgia's not what it used to be....
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Billy Boston!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

GeoffN posted:
Billy Boston!
I saw him play one game. He was knocking on (in years) then and I was very young but he must have been a sight to see in his day
heydude

Post by heydude »

mine gene miles an outstanding player know he only played one season (jack robinson fault).
don't eat yellow snow