Replacment for barret??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawxshark

Re: Replacment for barret??

Post by shawxshark »

correct me if i'm wrong..lockyer said in the post match interview against the storm that he was considering a move into coaching with the bronco's? if anyone has sky+ it sure you could check and put us all straight.

Anasta is absolute dog $hi** he got voted most over-rated player in nrl 3 years running..say no more :eusa17: :baaa:
mstiggy

Post by mstiggy »

butt monkey wrote:
thegimble wrote:Youve missed 1 thing he said. He also said that he did not think a SO was available from SL so that make me think of 1 person who says he wants to play in SL and is getting on a bit.

Darren Lockyer.
Unless things have changed :doz: Lockyer originally quoted that he would only consider playing Super League when his current Bronco's contract "runs out". This will be at the end of next season, not this!
It has been reported in Australia about 3 weeks ago that he is leaving one year early and that he is talks with 4 SL clubs with Wigan favorites. It wont be announced til after the World Cup, but with IL due to fly out 2 days later who knows...lets just watch this space as they say.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

God wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:U have got to be joking????

We offloaded one scumbag a few years back for similar offences that are alledged against Bird, no way should we sign him, he is a loose forward anyway isnt he?
Can play both positions, hes the current stand off for New South Wales state of origin. The pressure players are under from media attention over in Aus is worse than our footballers over here as they dont have the privacy rights our sportsmen enjoy, you cant take a dump in a public toilet without it being on the front page of the sidney newspapers.

My defence towards his indesgression although there is little excuse to what he has done, is the pressure the players are under. The list is endless of the ammount of players doing things Carney,Smith,Riddell,Joey Johns,Thiaday the list is endless, on a day to day basis its too intrusive on there private lifes and somthing has to give and usually its the players state of mind or natural agression.

We have not heard a peep out of the supposed biggest badboy in the NRLs history since hes arrived (Smith)And the same would go for IMO one of the best stand offs in the World.(Bird)

Leon Pryce the best English SO in the county i would have him in a heartbeat even though i hate the bloke he would win us something which is far more important than our "Moral values" as a club.
Bird to be our next S.O IMO.
This is so not true!!

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I will say it again, you have got to be joking me, we got rid off Longy, that came back to bite us in the backside, but would we EVER have him back, no never ever ever ever ever ever!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mstiggy wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
thegimble wrote:Youve missed 1 thing he said. He also said that he did not think a SO was available from SL so that make me think of 1 person who says he wants to play in SL and is getting on a bit.

Darren Lockyer.
Unless things have changed :doz: Lockyer originally quoted that he would only consider playing Super League when his current Bronco's contract "runs out". This will be at the end of next season, not this!
It has been reported in Australia about 3 weeks ago that he is leaving one year early and that he is talks with 4 SL clubs with Wigan favorites. It wont be announced til after the World Cup, but with IL due to fly out 2 days later who knows...lets just watch this space as they say.
Many thanks for your answer. I truly had not heard that!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

God wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
God wrote:
A man who knows abit about Rugby :wink:

Another man who knows abit about Rugby. :wink:

Argue the toss yet again, the fact remains is Bird can play more than 1 position and we need a SO, hes had Origin experiance hes had international experiance so whats your problem? Hes been outstanding consistantly for club and country.

Braith Anasta is no good erm ok. And Whos Manlys SO this season and where are they in the league.?

IMO would be a good signing and at the right side of 30 :wink:
:baaa: :eusa17: I never mentioned Greg Bird! Nor comment on Anasta. BUT did say that Manly's stand off was Jamie Lyon :omg: I think your omnipotence is slipping! :sigh:
And that was the comment i was refering to, sheesh i dont think you like praise do you?.
Not too much! :wink: :wink:

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

After the Stains Millenium game wasnt Lenihan quoted as saying that Wiganers will be gobsmacked by the quality of a one player signing for next season (2009). If he is true to his word, this player must be world class. We dont want any OAP,s coming for their pension.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

To be honest i dont think barrett can be replaced...

He is phenominal he can create play and win a game on his own, like he did against hull last season and many other times for that matter.

another thing i think we will miss is his defence not only his hard tackling but also his control of the defensive line.

his leadership and ability to lead us round the park and too step up when he needs to.

i just dont think there are any players in the world like him, yeah course theres people who have the skill and have the flare but they dont have that cutting edge that trent has... :(
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Said before and will repeat.

I believe that Wigan's signings will be Jamie Lyon at SO, Ruben Wiki at prop and Lee Smith on wing!!!!!!

(not including Karl Pryce who would be like a new signing)

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

But we only have one overseas spot, so who may be off loaded?.