Wigan warriors end of season awards tuesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: The Awards

Post by cpwigan »

Lol No I did not go Josie. Too posh for me :wink:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

for those who didnt go ian lenagan got up near the end to give trent barrett his award and i think trent was very emotional towards the end of his speech.i think he got chocked up and said that he would have loved to stay at wigan. i also speak to mickey h and he told me he would be willing to play in the reserves if that meant staying in wigan. it was funny because: gaz hock, caulderwood, mathers, pryce were all sat on one table and before the evening started i saw hock and mathers do a little dance at there table. Feka and carmount were right behind me with george carmounts mum and then tim smith, phelps, hansen and leuleui were at the opposite end. they all seemed confident and in gaz hocks words when i asked him how he was 'buzin'.i talked to feka for about 10 minutes about friday night and he said seeing as burrows is my size he will try and go easy on him but make no promises, feka is a great fella and a well good sense of humour.phelps was awsome. i talked to him after the awards finished and he bluetoothed me a video of him in nrl and it is amazing.leuleui was great as he kept telling jokes about when the team went to france earlier this year (not last week) the event on a whole was amazing and well done to everyone involved with tonights awards dinner. an amazing experience.

any questions please feel free to ask
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

THE 18th Man wrote:for those who didnt go ian lenagan got up near the end to give trent barrett his award and i think trent was very emotional towards the end of his speech.i think he got chocked up and said that he would have loved to stay at wigan. i also speak to mickey h and he told me he would be willing to play in the reserves if that meant staying in wigan. it was funny because: gaz hock, caulderwood, mathers, pryce were all sat on one table and before the evening started i saw hock and mathers do a little dance at there table. Feka and carmount were right behind me with george carmounts mum and then tim smith, phelps, hansen and leuleui were at the opposite end. they all seemed confident and in gaz hocks words when i asked him how he was 'buzin'.i talked to feka for about 10 minutes about friday night and he said seeing as burrows is my size he will try and go easy on him but make no promises, feka is a great fella and a well good sense of humour.phelps was awsome. i talked to him after the awards finished and he bluetoothed me a video of him in nrl and it is amazing.leuleui was great as he kept telling jokes about when the team went to france earlier this year (not last week) the event on a whole was amazing and well done to everyone involved with tonights awards dinner. an amazing experience.

any questions please feel free to ask
You were sat on a table near me then cos Feka was sat directly behind me with his partner Michelle, and Gemma was on the next table with her mum & dad Pete, Kaz and Stephen.

:)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i had a chat with lenagan was honest and straight with me ,about a few things .
1things i cant put on here at the moment but made me feel confident about the future.

1 thing u did miss out the juniors and reserves were presented on stage with there grand final shirts.

and when did pat richards sign another 3 year contract,

Karl pryce is huge cant wait to see him running all over is bro lol :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i sat next to all the coaching staff including naobby and mike f had a chat with them lol so straight to the point i am lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Nine

Post by Nine »

For those who were there, I've tracked down that quote that they used on the final highlights video. It's from Theodore Rooseveldt. I think others will find it interesting too:
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Squad number 18!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nine wrote:For those who were there, I've tracked down that quote that they used on the final highlights video. It's from Theodore Rooseveldt. I think others will find it interesting too:
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
So let's delete this forum, discard your weekly WEP letters page, end fans forums. Shock horror some of us may have actually played sport at a very decent level.

My favourite quote: Actions speak louder than words

Mike B did you ask Noble when he will resign :eusa10: :wink:
GeoffN

Re: Wigan warriors end of seas...

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Barr ... 4521272.jp

Meanwhile, Pat Richards is Wigan's player of the year.
The in-form Australian was handed the accolade at the inaugural Warriors awards dinner held at the JJB last night.
The players' player of the year was centre George Carmont in his first season at the club, while another overseas player of longer standing – Kiwi Iafeta Paleaaesina – received a community award.

The young player of the year was former Wigan St Patrick's amateur Joel Tomkins, while the try of the season was winger Liam Colbon's effort against Warrington at the JJB in May .

The clubman of year was marketing director Simon Collinson, while the Under-18s and reserve players of the year were Chris Gerard and Sam Tomkins.
The presentations were made by Shaun Wane, Brian Noble, performance director Joe Lydon and Lenagan.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

mike binder wrote:i had a chat with lenagan was honest and straight with me ,about a few things .
1things i cant put on here at the moment but made me feel confident about the future.

1 thing u did miss out the juniors and reserves were presented on stage with there grand final shirts.

and when did pat richards sign another 3 year contract,

Karl pryce is huge cant wait to see him running all over is bro lol :wink:
Why not ? I'm sure if he didn't want it public knowledge he wouldn't have told you.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

anybody got any pictures they can post?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------