Dave Hadfield on the case?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gw

Re: Dave Hadfield on the case?

Post by gw »

According to Mick Hogan ( he phoned me last week re: widnes switch) there won't be problem for next years play-offs, they have told the RFL to make sure if wigan get any homes games they are scheduled for the friday and Latics will be playing on the sunday.

I asked him about the Saints game next year, he said they where still in talks/planning stage. Which doesn't sound to good!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I e-mailed Andy Burnham in his role as minister for Culture and Sport and raised the issues BM listed with him. I placed an emphasis on the long term damage to the cultural heritage of the town that disregarding the Good Friday fixture with such wanton disregard would do. I've not yet received a reply, but I guess if enough people complain...
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

pedro wrote:Was told that DW didnt like it because all the details were on the webby before he was asked and he spit the dummy out (may not be true)

Dave Hatfield although a nice bloke is a tad useless :D

I used to talk to him all the time and he would tell me who is going where re - Wigan and he never got 1 rumour right. Made me laugh as hes a likeable guy.
Dave Hadfield is a tit, I lost all respect for the bloke with his one sided stance on Summer rugby in League Express. He clearly wanted Summer Rugby and used all the cliches about 'basking in the sun' watching the game and all that tripe.. He never printed any of the numerous letters sent in by me and other family members suggesting that on cold winter days/ evenings there is nothing else to do other than get wrapped up get the flask ready and go and watch a game. On top of that crowds dip during the summer as people go on holiday and the majority of matches aren't played during the day anyway. The off season is now long cold and boring but Fatfield had made his mind up and didn't give a stuff about showing fans opinion.

I also gave him (at his request) some contact information for Norway Rugby League which was in its infancy and needed some support and ideas. He sounded enthusiastic and gave me his assurances that he would be in touch with them and arrange for an article to be written in the hope that they could perhaps have balls, pads etc donated... But did he contact them? Did he chuffers like. He knows how to smile and say the right things but I wouldn't expect too much to be honest.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

doc wrote:The thing that really concerns me is the Premier League law that states football must take priority in any groundshare agreement. If we were to change kick-offs to Sunday afternoon so we would be playing after the Latics we would still have problems if Sky/Setanta decided to televise the Latics in either of the Sunday slots.

Under the PL law even if we decided that all future matches were to kick off at 2:30 am on Wednesday mornings to avoid clashes with the football, should the TV companies wish to provide live converage of the football at the same time for Thai TV we would still be kicked out.
It's an absolutely ridiculous rule.

Hopefully DW will keep his promise and give the ground to the council so that they will be able to rule over these clashes of use.
so the premier league make there own laws do they ,wouldnt have a leg stand on in court all the rfl have to do is make a law that say rugby league must take priority in any ground share situation end of problem
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I honestly think we need to forget about new sradia etc and just hope Mick Hogan is able to ensure no repeat. He seems to have done so re the next season and beyond play offs.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Correct CP :eusa2:
AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

I know this isn't going to make me popular but ......

I'm as miffed as anyone about the Bradford game, but in the cold light of day I have been thinking about the Lies and Damned Lies about the state of the pitch for Latics games last winter. That Rugby League ruined the pitch. We all know this is total tosh, but if the weather had been bad on Friday and the pitch did get churned up, then this would have added more fuel to the fire about ground sharing and give the numpties at the BBC and Sky more to whinge about.

I could see a case for not playig the game the day before a football game, just to stop the ammunition being given to the football softies. (also remember Alex Fergusons outburst after GF's being played at Old Trafford?)

This doesn't mean however that the Latics game couldn't have been played on Sunday, unless Sunderland refused to change the fixture.

On another note, with the complaining AF did about rugby being played at Old Trafford, how about moving the GF to the Millenium Stadium. Great stadium, Great atomsphere, and great rugby city (even if RU).
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

To add further fuel to the fire, Donna on RLfans also states " have been to walkabout tonight, and started chatting to one of the groundsmen from the JJB. He told me it takes no more than 4 hours to turnaround the ground and the concourse.

They groundsmen were EXPECTING to work to turn the ground around last week, but were told they were not needed!"

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

East Stand Faithful wrote:To add further fuel to the fire, Donna on RLfans also states " have been to walkabout tonight, and started chatting to one of the groundsmen from the JJB. He told me it takes no more than 4 hours to turnaround the ground and the concourse.

They groundsmen were EXPECTING to work to turn the ground around last week, but were told they were not needed!"
Your probably right. I know they would have had to do otherwise but very often what they do after matches is wait a few days before collecting the litter because they basically let it blow downwards/sideways in a big pile.

I just think it is time to concentrate on making sure it never happens again and that another ground is a pipe dream.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

doc wrote:The thing that really concerns me is the Premier League law that states football must take priority in any groundshare agreement. If we were to change kick-offs to Sunday afternoon so we would be playing after the Latics we would still have problems if Sky/Setanta decided to televise the Latics in either of the Sunday slots.

Under the PL law even if we decided that all future matches were to kick off at 2:30 am on Wednesday mornings to avoid clashes with the football, should the TV companies wish to provide live converage of the football at the same time for Thai TV we would still be kicked out.
It's an absolutely ridiculous rule.

Hopefully DW will keep his promise and give the ground to the council so that they will be able to rule over these clashes of use.
Am I missing something here? I understand that the prem league have decreed that football takes precedence over rugby. This doesnt mean rugby cannot be played 24 hours before a footy match. Has anyone got any definitive statement on this prem league rule as "takes precedence" is not a defintive statement ie does this mean if a footy and rugby match are scheduled to be played on the same day footy takes precedence or what?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?