Could be Wiki

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Could be Wiki

Post by ddtftf »

I have been talking to one of the Wigan junior coaches on the fishery tonight, and he says the players have told him Wiki has signed a twelve month deal, with an option of a further two years as a player, or bringing on the junior players at the club. He still says that despite the contrary a stand off has been signed, but he doesnt know who.
Mr Stu

Re: Could be Wikki

Post by Mr Stu »

opton for three years, that wil mke him 38/39 wont it he does come and take up the option. i would like him for a year. he will bring on the younger players but not 3 years.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I know it is not terribly PC to want such an old guy but he has been awesome in the NRL. Get him I say. Great leader
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I suspect that the contract is to let him play for a year, then make a decision whether to play on. Or to join the development staff. I believe that he is a really great guy to be part of a team, and could work wonders for the progress of the youth teams.
I hope the info is correct, as we need a leader and an insperation on the field to go along side Fielding in the front row.
P.S I dont know, but dont write a well known internationaly 5/8 off yet.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

whos fielding??? :wink: :lol: :eh:
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

In this circumstance is this a way of circumventing the salary cap.

As an example:

Wiki wants £90K for 2009

Junior coaching salary is £30K

Wigan offer a 3 year contract of £150K and agree to pay £50K per year. This is based on 2009 playing and 2010 and 2011 coaching

Therefore in 2009 they pay Wiki £50K rather than £90K which is the going rate for the player.

Is this legal?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

lenegan is a clever man he will have some tricks up his sleeve...

and agree wiki would be a great addition and could deffinatly add something to the coaching team when he retires...
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wiki is one of the best props ive seen for years,i certainly hope he does come to Wigan.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

East Stand Faithful wrote:In this circumstance is this a way of circumventing the salary cap.

As an example:

Wiki wants £90K for 2009

Junior coaching salary is £30K

Wigan offer a 3 year contract of £150K and agree to pay £50K per year. This is based on 2009 playing and 2010 and 2011 coaching

Therefore in 2009 they pay Wiki £50K rather than £90K which is the going rate for the player.

Is this legal?
I'm sure that stains would find a way to make it legal!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

butt monkey

Re: Could be Wiki

Post by butt monkey »

Wiki, 36 in January, refused to confirm his plans for next year, saying only there was "an opportunity" in England.
The Bearded Warrior was the centre of attention in a sombre visitors' dressing shed last night as journalists queued for interviews like youngsters lining up for autographs.

His reaction to the loss to Manly epitomised the spirit which carried the side from eighth to within touching distance of the grand final.

"I've just had fun mate. The last few weeks have been unbelievable. No one really backed us to get this far and we were one game short of a final. It wasn't meant to be.

"What a great ride, man. There were ups and downs, but we finished on a high.

"I might as well have a shave now, eh. It's all over now but it's been great with the beards and every one supporting us.

"Everyone got behind it in the crowd with fake beards so that was pretty cool."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4708766a10713.html

As the NZ Warriors play-off hopes were finally dashed by Manly
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!