Whelan looking to sell Wigan Athletic?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
warrior4ever25

Re: Whelan looking to sell Wig...

Post by warrior4ever25 »

to sell the ground he has to buy the land off the council and cant see that happening ,i cant see any 1 buying them without the ground with in the package
markill

Post by markill »

if his company owns the lease they are entitled to sell the lease
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

markill wrote:if his company owns the lease they are entitled to sell the lease

The Council owns the land The Council granted a 99 year lease to Wigan Football Company LTD(Trding as the JJB stadium)for the use of the at Robin Park comprising the JJB Stadium and Ssurrounds from the 4th August 1999.The lease remains in place and specifies that the Stadium be made available for all the home fixtures of Wigan Athletic Football Club LTD and Wigan Football Club(Wigan Warriors
doc

Post by doc »

I wonder if he'll do a Wimbledon and sell them to someone who moves the team out of the town? Would be funny to see Stains prevented from playing in their new stadium as they had to share with the Latics.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:keep an eye out on eBay...
For the re-listed message when no one bids!

Dave
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

It does seem peculiar, that Mr Whelan hints of selling to backers with more financial clout, then today states that the premier league could be in trouble if any of the big money foreign investors withdrew their support (and money) and left the club in severe financial difficulty.
Dave Whelan believes the time will come when a Premier League club is left in a financial crisis because their foreign owner "spits his dummy" and quits.

With nine Premier League outfits having foreign owners, Wigan chairman Whelan said it is probable that one will walk.

"I can see a foreign owner spitting his dummy and leaving a club piled high with debt," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"When it does happen I think it will be an awful shame for that club, which is left with £100m to £150m of debt."

Only last week, Football Association chairman Lord Triesman spoke of the financial dangers facing Premier League clubs, who have accrued an estimated £3bn debt between them.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 665875.stm
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
warrior4ever25

Post by warrior4ever25 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:It does seem peculiar, that Mr Whelan hints of selling to backers with more financial clout, then today states that the premier league could be in trouble if any of the big money foreign investors withdrew their support (and money) and left the club in severe financial difficulty.
Dave Whelan believes the time will come when a Premier League club is left in a financial crisis because their foreign owner "spits his dummy" and quits.

With nine Premier League outfits having foreign owners, Wigan chairman Whelan said it is probable that one will walk.

"I can see a foreign owner spitting his dummy and leaving a club piled high with debt," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"When it does happen I think it will be an awful shame for that club, which is left with £100m to £150m of debt."

Only last week, Football Association chairman Lord Triesman spoke of the financial dangers facing Premier League clubs, who have accrued an estimated £3bn debt between them.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 665875.stm
dave whelan as not got the money to back latics any more he needs to sell ,but who would buy wigan athletics who r they ???? just a small team in blackburn lol