Riddell could be a great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

Re: Riddell could be a great

Post by ian b »

well said Dave O.Barrett,as i said before was the best standoff in the league.Anyone who disputes this either knows bugger all about rugby league or goes to the game with a blindfold on!!.He is the best standoff wigan have had in years and as much as i liked Shaun Edwards and lets face it,on his day he was brilliant Barrett is a different class altogether IMO.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sutty wrote:
medlocke wrote:
DaveO wrote: Lets be honest, you are talking utter rubbish when you say that. :wink:

Dave
OK then Dave, he went missing in quite a lot of big games (i thought shody sounded better me sen)
Let's just say that without Barrett we would not have made the top six this year IMO. I wonder if you have ever played the game, if you had you would realise that although he didn't play with the same flare and passion as he did in his first season, he was still, by far, one of our best players this season. It's all the little things he did that make him a World class player.
Played for 12 years Sutty, i'm not disputing anything you have written, but some people have put him on a pedastal like he is a golden god, then we have all this Trent will tear you apart bullox, did he ever tear Saints apart, i think not, all i am saying is he wasn't as amazing as many claim he was
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

medlocke wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:not so sure if he will be " Great "

think he will deffinatly make an impact but he wont be a barrett.....
So you mean he will actually turn up for the first 8 games of the season or that he will actually tear some defences apart unlike the Paper Tiger that was Barret, fair enough Barret did shine in quite a few games but lets be honest the rest of the time he were shody
That is your opinion and I respect that..

I do think you are wrong though, Barret was and still is world class, IMO he will be remembered as one of our best signings.

P.S. Be careful what you say, especially if you criticise a player because you will end up with people telling you about yourself and what you are and what you can see..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

I think Riddel will be a success for us as from what i have seen of him he looks a decent player

However i definitely think we missed out on Buderus considering i dont think he will be on much more at Leeds than Riddel will be for us and there is no doubting what a class player he is
pedro

Post by pedro »

who sayd he is 3rd choice or is that guess work?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

medlocke wrote:

So you mean he will actually turn up for the first 8 games of the season or that he will actually tear some defences apart unlike the Paper Tiger that was Barret, fair enough Barret did shine in quite a few games but lets be honest the rest of the time he were shody

This is the sort of rubbish that's almost stopped me posting on here. People will realise in a few years after watching DVD's of this season tht Barrett was again the stand out player, ok he didn't shine as much as last year but he out shone everyone else.

Richards got player of the year. If 1 had to go back i know who i'd have sooner gone.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

First Try Tickle wrote:
medlocke wrote:

This is the sort of rubbish that's almost stopped me posting on here. People will realise in a few years after watching DVD's of this season tht Barrett was again the stand out player, ok he didn't shine as much as last year but he out shone everyone else.

Richards got player of the year. If 1 had to go back i know who i'd have sooner gone.
It's easy enough pal, don't post.

Trent is not god,when it was the colder weather Trent was none existant, when we played Stains Trent was owned by a Pryce, why do fans put certain players on a pedastal, and btw if you had read the other posts further down the page you might not have come off as being a dick
pedro

Post by pedro »

He wasnt owned....he was a 1 man half back as TL goes missing more than most and the pack never turned up. What do you want him to do there. Just cos Pryce plays stand off dont kid yourself into thinking he owned Barrett.

Saints owned Wigan not in general as we were not up for it. When we played them at KR at the end of the season we were up for it and Barrett owned Pryce then as his forwards turned up.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

how people can say barrett was a shody this year is beyond me, we deffinatly wouldnt have made the play offs without him...

Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

got a mate (thats a surprise i bet you're thinking :D ) from parramatta who is a big parra fan, he really rates Riddell and reckons he'll settle in well and do a good job for us. will remain to be seen but from what i've seen of him on sultana he's doesn't look too bad
GEER EM ONSIDE