Riddell could be a great

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: Riddell could be a great

Post by slimshady »

medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:
medlocke wrote: So you mean he will actually turn up for the first 8 games of the season or that he will actually tear some defences apart unlike the Paper Tiger that was Barret, fair enough Barret did shine in quite a few games but lets be honest the rest of the time he were shody

This is the sort of rubbish that's almost stopped me posting on here. People will realise in a few years after watching DVD's of this season tht Barrett was again the stand out player, ok he didn't shine as much as last year but he out shone everyone else.

Richards got player of the year. If 1 had to go back i know who i'd have sooner gone.
It's easy enough pal, don't post.

Trent is not god,when it was the colder weather Trent was none existant, when we played Stains Trent was owned by a Pryce, why do fans put certain players on a pedastal, and btw if you had read the other posts further down the page you might not have come off as being a dick
After reading this post the last bit sums you up totally, Trent Barrett is the best stand-off this club has had for years and if he had a pack of forwards who turned up on masse every week, a scrum half that was of the right quality we would have seen the best of TB. Leon Pryce will be shown to be what he is in Aus, overrated and England will be beaten, when it matters, easily again.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

slimshady wrote:
medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:
This is the sort of rubbish that's almost stopped me posting on here. People will realise in a few years after watching DVD's of this season tht Barrett was again the stand out player, ok he didn't shine as much as last year but he out shone everyone else.

Richards got player of the year. If 1 had to go back i know who i'd have sooner gone.

Trent is not god,when it was the colder weather Trent was none existant, when we played Stains Trent was owned by a Pryce, why do fans put certain players on a pedastal, and btw if you had read the other posts further down the page you might not have come off as being a dick
After reading this post the last bit sums you up totally, Trent Barrett is the best stand-off this club has had for years and if he had a pack of forwards who turned up on masse every week, a scrum half that was of the right quality we would have seen the best of TB. Leon Pryce will be shown to be what he is in Aus, overrated and England will be beaten, when it matters, easily again.
:eusa11:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:
medlocke wrote: So you mean he will actually turn up for the first 8 games of the season or that he will actually tear some defences apart unlike the Paper Tiger that was Barret, fair enough Barret did shine in quite a few games but lets be honest the rest of the time he were shody

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Lets be honest, you are talking utter rubbish when you say that. :wink:

Dave
OK then Dave, he went missing in quite a lot of big games (i thought shody sounded better me sen)
That's the point though. He didn't go missing. He was always trying stuff and playing 100%. Sometimes he was ineffective compared to 2007 because the rest of the team were just not at the races. He isn't a perfect player but IMO you need to watch these games again and look to the rest of the team before you slag him off. At times he was a one man band. Ian B is right. He's a classy player and the best half back I have seen here for longer than I care to remember.

Dace
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Spanakopitta wrote:from what i've seen of him on sultana he's doesn't look too bad
Wish I had that!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

The problem is that Barrett set himself a high standard of Rugby last season so this season made him look bad.
and just because Riddell doesnt look like Barrett or have the build of Mickey Higham you judge him without seeing him play dont expect every new signing to be like Barrett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:

N.B - Everybody is welcome and we do not need to insult each other.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

First Try Tickle wrote:
medlocke wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:not so sure if he will be " Great "

think he will deffinatly make an impact but he wont be a barrett.....
So you mean he will actually turn up for the first 8 games of the season or that he will actually tear some defences apart unlike the Paper Tiger that was Barret, fair enough Barret did shine in quite a few games but lets be honest the rest of the time he were shody

It was a pleasure to see him in the Cherry n White. He was a great player in both seasons. Albeit, it got harder in the second season as it does for every player. Teams have more videos to study and prepare for key players. Teams also spotted Trent in defence, not because he was weak but to simply made him tackle and waste energy that he could have used when attacking.

Riddel. Who knows. After 10+ games maybe we can judge. I personally would have thought Riddel starting and Higham as interchange would have been great but that was not an option.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:

N.B - Everybody is welcome and we do not need to insult each other.
CP, sorry, won't happen again, had some bad news and took it out on the forums (you should see what i posted on an American music forum :conf: )
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No worrys Medlocke. Poop happens. Hope it works itself out.