Re: Is I.L running Wigan on a ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is looking that way mate

Why have extra staff (conditioners etc) not been appointed? penny pinching? asking people to do things for free?
standishwarrior

Re: Is I.L running Wigan on a shoe string budget??

Post by standishwarrior »

God wrote:The man has not been in power long but the evidence that I.L is running Wigan on a shoe string budget is all to evident.

Penny pinching and selling Wigans top earners to be replaced with just 1 player where other clubs are finalising there squads.( All be it Barrett wanted to leave, Todd Carney turned us down due to terrible contract offer)

Parking charges at Orell for the reserve games, reports of players having to pay for there own meals at the training ground.
Training gear and freebies for players reduced significantly.
Player sponsorship.
The handling of Charmonts contract pretty dire.

Are we going to turn into Harlequins or am i jumping the gun somewhat.

Disguss.

what a load of bo**ox!unless you have a job with him in the office you dont have a clue whats going on reguarding how much players are paid ect!! and why the panic over no annoucments have saints or leeds announced anyone yet??

a friend spoke to mick hogan last night and he is very confident the club are heading in the right direction, he spoke highly of IL passion for the club ect!! be pateint theres alot of things happening behind the scenes that the club are working on!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

These are all concrete;
Parking charges at Orell for the reserve games, reports of players having to pay for there own meals at the training ground.
Player sponsorship.
standishwarrior

cpwigan wrote:These are all concrete;
Player sponsorship.
fair do's mate i dont know enough to comment on them issue's!! i dont agree with the rest of god's post!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As God states. There have been promises made publically and thus far not delivered upon. Upgrading Orrell, extra conditioning staff and we do know that we have been totally outbid for players.
mano

Post by mano »

IL made a promises to one player last september 07 and it cost the player about 8k last season.
standishwarrior

God wrote:The man has not been in power long but the evidence that I.L is running Wigan on a shoe string budget is all to evident.

Penny pinching and selling Wigans top earners to be replaced with just 1 player where other clubs are finalising there squads.( All be it Barrett wanted to leave, Todd Carney turned us down due to terrible contract offer)
Player sponsorship.

Disguss.
thats what i disagree with!

what other clubs have finalised there squads yet??? its only been afew week since the season ended.
id start to get worried if no new signings havnt been announced by the start of next season!

how do you know it was a terrible offer to carney anyway??
signing him would have de-stablised the wage structure at the club!

like i said theres alot of things going on behind the scenes that IL cant discuss in public! issue's with whelen ect!

standishwarrior

cpwigan wrote:As God states. There have been promises made publically and thus far not delivered upon. Upgrading Orrell, extra conditioning staff and we do know that we have been totally outbid for players.

wigan fans have to be patient! he cant do everything over night!

they are trying to get fitness first but jjb want to much for it.

if they cant agree a deal the plan is to have merchandise sold on match days from trailors out-side the ground.. similar to what leeds do!

also heard warriors world to have a new fit out!

the bit in bold....if they were that worried about the amout of work mf was doing imo someone would have been brought in by now.. from what i got told the 70hrs a week mf was doing is a major exacteration!!

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Player sponsorship.

Disguss.
I think the bit highlighted is bad, why should players have to pay for there own meals for christs sake what would does it cost for a players meal a day £3-£4 x 25 at most= £100 a day not a ridiculous sum. Players training kit being relinquished on what are they supposed to train in they aren't the under 12's who turn up in old trackies and an old t shirt
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:These are all concrete;
Player sponsorship.
Why do you say that? Anyway, its not a concrete fact, just an opinion.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆