Wigan RLFC Squad 2009 Sponsorship

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mano

Re: Wigan RLFC Squad 2009 Spon...

Post by mano »

Some of the player are only on 7k per season i bet you get more than that.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

mano wrote:Some of the player are only on 7k per season i bet you get more than that.
As I said "most of these players".
It was meant as a sarcastic dig that the players may have to pay for their own food.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

mano wrote:Some of the player are only on 7k per season i bet you get more than that.
SO they are part-timers on the books then? That's way below minimum wage.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
mano

Post by mano »

The 7k is for fulltime
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

so they are under 18 or under 19 on an apprenticeship then? Either that or their hours are much lower than than an average week - like about 20 hours a week to get a 7K salary on minimum wage of 5.73 per hour.

Just interested really.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
mano

Post by mano »

No i am talking about 1st team sq.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The young lads in the first team squad would be included in what Mano refers to. He knows more than I do.

From what I know the more academic ones go to College/University but as they reach the end of that stage then comes decision time.

The rest? Liam Farrel was laying cobbles for Wigan council, Sam T is a community coach.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote: I just hope we don't have to put up with the sponsors name being mentioned when the teams are read out, substitutes are made or a player scores a try.

Dave
According to the website, it's just a scoreboard flash.

* Electronic scoreboard acknowledgement at the JJB Stadium as teams are announced and when your sponsored player scores a try or goal.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:The young lads in the first team squad would be included in what Mano refers to. He knows more than I do.

So it is part-time players then? That is player with another source of income if they want it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It depends Mike. Mano will be able to confirm this but strictly speaking the youngsters that make the first team are full time albeit on these very poor wages. Normally they are offered slightly longer contracts and the prestige of a first team sqd place and verbal promises re games etc and the emotional tie of representing their hometown club. Prior to becoming first teamers they either study or are sometimes found jobs that do not affect their training schedule. It is not run that way in Australia whereby every player who plays in their Toyota Cup competition U20's must be enrolled in a trade/profession/educational course or they cannot participate.