Re: This is the sort of attitude needed at the club.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bailey added: "I would like to stay at the JJB Stadium. Like Bryan, I reckon I'm good for another five seasons."
Good bloke BUT
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I'm sure the reserves will be glad to hear he will be fully fit for them next season. Hansen, Hock, O'Loughlin and JT all in the team before Bailey next season.

Article is nothing special really you get this every month, some player 'going a bit further' for the club. Training during the off-season doesn't make him a better player or a more committed player than anyone else. Personally I think they should all take a nice holiday and forget about rugby for a while...like the England team will be doing in Australia :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I thought this bit form the article was hilarious!

"He didn't go home at the end of last summer either, but that was down to dithering and flight problems."

I am sure HC will have something to say about this bit as well:

"I'm gunning for a new deal when I come off contract."

But whatever it won't do him or us any harm to have him here for the full pre-season training. Same with Riddell and possibly Smith (though I am nit sure when he is supposed to return).

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He commented last December that he loved it here and wanted to finish his career with Wigan
"I love it over here so I decided to hang about and start the pre-season training with the boys at the regular time."

Bails is enjoying that much he is even considering further ahead than his current contract with the club,

"I would like to finish my career in England, and in an ideal world that would be with Wigan.

"I'm still only young, so fingers crossed and barring no serious injury, I reckon I've got another six seasons left in me."

Phil Bailey was awarded squad number 12 in the 2008 list and looks set to make a move from centre to second row where he figured in some of the games last season.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3471
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

wouldnt put lockers in the team before bails, like tony rea said, the defence goes to pot when bails doesnt play, lots of good second rows to choose from not enough powerful forwards
markill

Post by markill »

shawcross da warrior wrote:wouldnt put lockers in the team before bails, like tony rea said, the defence goes to pot when bails doesnt play, lots of good second rows to choose from not enough powerful forwards
Lockers often has the same impact though. I'd hope we can get 70mins out of Fielden, more time out of Feka and enough out of the third prop to have hock and tomkins on the bench, with hooker and back. Lets not forget either that we will get injuries in either the back row, centres or halfs (don't be too suprised if Lockers plays some 6 next year) at some point that will change make the selection at times a moot point.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

markill wrote:
shawcross da warrior wrote:wouldnt put lockers in the team before bails, like tony rea said, the defence goes to pot when bails doesnt play, lots of good second rows to choose from not enough powerful forwards
Lockers often has the same impact though. I'd hope we can get 70mins out of Fielden, more time out of Feka and enough out of the third prop to have hock and tomkins on the bench, with hooker and back. Lets not forget either that we will get injuries in either the back row, centres or halfs (don't be too suprised if Lockers plays some 6 next year) at some point that will change make the selection at times a moot point.
I may not be surprised; but I would be very disappointed!

Lockers is not an attacking player; he strongest side is defence and so I don't see the point at putting someone with no kicking game and average distribution skills in potentially the must important position in the team - you would be just as well as to put Bailey in there!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------