Second Swoop for Brough

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Second Swoop For Brough

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: "Super League Clubs agree extension to exemption of club trained rules

After consultation with engage Super League clubs at this week's end of season meeting, the RFL board has approved an extension to a recent exemption to the club trained rules.

At the meeting held in Harrogate, engage Super League clubs unanimously agreed that the club trained rules should remain and that a number of players registered in the competition prior to the adoption of the club trained rules should count as federation trained players."

Which means any player register with a club before 1st Sept 2008 is now considered federation trained.
It certainly doesn't read that all players registered in the competition prior to the adoption of the club trained rules should count as federation trained players - which seems to be your interpretation Dave.

It simply says a number of players will be exempt and does not specify who. That leaves me in the dark somewhat about who exactly counts on the quota and who doesn't at Wigan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:
DaveO wrote: "Super League Clubs agree extension to exemption of club trained rules

After consultation with engage Super League clubs at this week's end of season meeting, the RFL board has approved an extension to a recent exemption to the club trained rules.

At the meeting held in Harrogate, engage Super League clubs unanimously agreed that the club trained rules should remain and that a number of players registered in the competition prior to the adoption of the club trained rules should count as federation trained players."

Which means any player register with a club before 1st Sept 2008 is now considered federation trained.
It certainly doesn't read that all players registered in the competition prior to the adoption of the club trained rules should count as federation trained players - which seems to be your interpretation Dave.

It simply says a number of players will be exempt and does not specify who. That leaves me in the dark somewhat about who exactly counts on the quota and who doesn't at Wigan.
They have to apply for it. If they do and they qualify, they will get federations trained status. If they don't, they won't.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

And what are the requirements for federation status in the press release? Does it imply any player registered pre-2008 or are there more restrictions.

I assume it is any player, so why not just state that in the release?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

seems like a waste of cash and cap money to me...
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

MrDave wrote:
lucky 13 wrote: Why would he need to look at home grown players the ''quota''is now a non existent phrase in SL we can bring in another 4 over seas players at least think he may gamble on a Tongan or Samoan ect but we may see at least one more good player to come in hope it's a prop or stand off.
The quota still exists but include home grown players now as well. For 2009 clubs are allowed 8 overseas trained players so far they are:
1. Richards
2. Carmont
3. Paleaaesina
4. Bailey
5. Phelps
6. Smith
7. Riddell
??8. Roberts???

So the player trained overseas quota is almost full so if Wigan do sign Roberts they can't sign any players from Tonga or Samoa. Wigan will also need 11 UK-trained players and 6 home-grown players for 2009.

Pat Richards has never been an "overseas" Player, he had/has at least one Irish grandparent so was never included in our quota.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i always thought that exile....
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I've been looking at the operational rules on RFL site and found this:
This Clause is subject to Clause B1:11C in Seasons 2008-10. At the time of notification
of the Provisional First Team Squad and First Team Squad and at all times, a Club’s First
Team Squad, where that Club is in Super League, must consist of:
(a) a maximum of 5 players who satisfy none of the definitions of Club Trained
Players, Federation Trained Player from the Club’s own federation or Academy
Junior.
(b) a minimum of 8 Club Trained Players or Academy Juniors
(c) the remainder being made up of Federation Trained Players from the Club’s own
federation or Academy Juniors.
Does that mean clubs can only have 5 non-federation trained players and therefore means Wigan can only sign two more non-federation trained players?

exile in Tiger country wrote: Pat Richards has never been an "overseas" Player, he had/has at least one Irish grandparent so was never included in our quota.
Never said he was on the overseas quota, I said he would count as a non-federation trained player because he wasn't playing in the UK for 3 season before he was 21, that was prior to exemption rule.

lucky 13

Re: Second Swoop for Brough

Post by lucky 13 »

From what I can gather if you are over here and signed before a date in 2008 you can apply to be accepted as ''federation trained'' once accepted you will not be counted as non federation , this could possibly free all our signings bar Phelps Riddel Smith and Roberts(if confirmed) leaving us with 4 spots ,stupid but what's new :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Why would wigan want brough? He has a better kicking game than thomas leuluia (not hard), but apart from that, what else? Just a niggly player that gives alot of penalties away.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Why would wigan want brough? He has a better kicking game than thomas leuluia (not hard), but apart from that, what else? Just a niggly player that gives alot of penalties away.
I agree and he is not that good, he's more interested in haircuts. Wigan need players who would add something to the squad and he wouldnt.