Lockyer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
highland convert

Re: Lockyer

Post by highland convert »

What would happen if a wigan born union player switched codes if at some point he had played outwith in league say in france for a season. Would he be on quota.
pedro

Post by pedro »

not if hes wigan born and a british passport holder. As he cannot be federation trained as he isnt federation played...would be my view.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

highland convert wrote:What would happen if a wigan born union player switched codes if at some point he had played outwith in league say in france for a season. Would he be on quota.
Would it not depend on how long he played in League before the switch? If he had never played RL at a top level would count as federation trained as it would be his first RL club. If he had played RL for 3 years in SL before his 21st and before his switch I think he would be federation trained. but if his first RL was in Australia before the switch he would be non-federation trained. France also counts as federation trained for us I assume.

I'm not sure on the details but I'm sure DaveO can confirm.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Having watched the Aus v NZ match today, I have to say Lockyer was brilliant. I think if we sign him Amos and a top prop we will have silverware next season.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I'm afraid that would be impossible :conf:
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

platt-warrior wrote:I'm afraid that would be impossible :conf:
Why is that impossible?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Well ESF not only have you got salary cap constraints,only one place on the overseas quota,there are no props in the SL that i'm aware of that, I would offer a contract to.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i would offer a contract to alot of props in super league platt-warrior...
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

That are avaiable?names please.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

platt-warrior wrote:Well ESF not only have you got salary cap constraints,only one place on the overseas quota,there are no props in the SL that i'm aware of that, I would offer a contract to.

Read the preceeding posts on this thread... :conf:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐