Ferocious tackling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AncientWarrior

Ferocious tackling

Post by AncientWarrior »

I have read the various threads prior to Good Friday with an amount of concern. Too many of us are willing to apportion blame for recent defeats on individuals (Orr, Aspinwall and the coach to name but three).

We should all acknowledge that the team on the field succeeds or fails largely because of or in spite of an overall effort by all the off-field staff.

For instance, I am very impressed by the quality and ferocity of the team's tackling this season - not just against Saints - and this, I feel, must be down to our new defence coach, Andrew Farrar. He was a ferocious tackler himself when a player and is obviously passing this on.

My only concern is that the team is quite small, comparatively speaking, (Saints' pack seemed about a stone a man heavier) and I wonder if we can last the season at this pace.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

proud_pie_eater

Re: Ferocious tackling

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Lets hope so I think Farrar has brought in some briliant new ideas and if the team use them to their advantage they will be able to last in to the tri nations! Wigans defence has been briliant the last two years, I think now the new squad have bonded and they have a liitle local pride in themselves they will go as far as their hearts will take them. Energy isnt a massive factor, both teams were almost lifeless on friday but they both pulled it together and played on! REAL RUGBY LEAGUE!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!