Calling all Scottish site members

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Calling all Scottish site members

Post by highland convert »

I have just emailed the BBC Scotland sports desk. The folloing was my message. Please do likewise. To raise the profile in Scotland we need tv support. With the world cup and the Edinburgh weekend we need to get the message out,
Jim
To the production team,
I find it defies belief that Scotland in just over two days kick of in a world cup match in Australia v France and you have so far shown zero support for this team. Everything is England this England that. Scotland are there by merit. You can spend half the programme highlighting some would be hopeful union players getting to the professional ranks but give our world cup team a mention. No chance. Is there any chance you can redress this disgusting state of affairs? Very few in Scotland will know it is on. However there are plenty of us who follow Rugby League rather than union or football. The team is Scottish and deserves support.
Jim
mikey-warriors

Re: Calling all Scottish site members

Post by mikey-warriors »

nice 1 as im part scottish as my dad is from scotland.
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jim, they don't comment on our sport on any of the news programmes. I watch breakfast news on the BBC from 6am and they have sports bulletins every 30 mins. This morning they mentioned football, cricket, tennis and then the American Football which was played yesterday at Wembley. There wasn't one mention of the RL World Cup at all this morning. It is covered on teletext but thats about it.
Its a bloody disgrace :angry: and if I could get away with not paying my tv licence to the Beeb I would.

:sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

:eusa2: :eusa2: