Ryan McGoldrick

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mr Stu

Re: Ryan McGoldrick

Post by Mr Stu »

i dont see what he will add to the team, he is average and we already have phelps who is a similar role for us. what will be the point in having both phelps and McGoldrick, plus with the rumoured pay of McGouldrik it makes even less sense. i would rather play a younger player like a tomkins or goulding then McGouldrik.

if we sign Mcgoldrick, will it mean that we will not be signing roberts for this season?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Forget what Cas fans think. He signed his new contract on £125,000. Without checking we offered 60-70,000 back then. So now? 75,000+ Nobody in their right mind would tear up a 6 figure contract for a 5 figure one.

Forgetting the pay. What is he? A quasi centre/stand-off? He creates hardly anything for anybody else and is a runner.

I was really happy at the thought of Roberts that we were moving in the right direction. Now, URGHHH
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Of all the rumours hope the least truth is in this one , cant see it myself fingers crossed like 98% of the stuff on here nothing comes of it :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

wrighty13 wrote:according to the Daily Star, he has flown back to england from his holiday in Aus to agree terms on a deal to come to Wigan.
I really hope this is not true, not a fan of the guy at all, doesnt impress me one bit. plus i think his tattoo's are rubbish :wink:

Don't want to dismay people, and I hope this story goes wrong, but the R.L. Journalist for the Daily Star is Martin Richards who I believe also works freelance for the Guardian & the Express. I have very rarely seen anything he has put to print prove to be untrue. Hopefully he has got this wrong but I would trust his sories before those of Hadfeield or Wilson who get all the media limelight.
For me he is the most reputable of Rugby League journalists.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Shaun1967 wrote:
wrighty13 wrote:according to the Daily Star, he has flown back to england from his holiday in Aus to agree terms on a deal to come to Wigan.
I really hope this is not true, not a fan of the guy at all, doesnt impress me one bit. plus i think his tattoo's are rubbish :wink:

Don't want to dismay people, and I hope this story goes wrong, but the R.L. Journalist for the Daily Star is Martin Richards who I believe also works freelance for the Guardian & the Express. I have very rarely seen anything he has put to print prove to be untrue. Hopefully he has got this wrong but I would trust his sories before those of Hadfeield or Wilson who get all the media limelight.
For me he is the most reputable of Rugby League journalists.
Well, no signing yet. Why would he fly back to england though to sign the contract when the wigan chairman is due to fly to australia though?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

According to Cas fans an announcement is imminent
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Ryan McGoldrick (born January 12, 1981 in Cairns, Queensland) is an American rugby league player for the Castleford Tigers in the European Super League competition. He has previously played for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks as well as representing the New South Wales Waratahs in rugby union. His position of choice is in the Centres or in the halves, playing Stand Off.
McGoldrick was a stand-out player for the Castleford Tigers in their Super League campaign of 2008, filling in at a number of positions including centre and full-back. He was rewarded with an improved four year contract mid-way through the season.

There are rumours that Wigan Warriors are interested in signing Ryan but it seems that he will be staying at Castleford.
From Wikipedia
markill

Post by markill »

wiggydoran wrote:
Ryan McGoldrick (born January 12, 1981 in Cairns, Queensland) is an American rugby league player for the Castleford Tigers in the European Super League competition. He has previously played for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks as well as representing the New South Wales Waratahs in rugby union. His position of choice is in the Centres or in the halves, playing Stand Off.
McGoldrick was a stand-out player for the Castleford Tigers in their Super League campaign of 2008, filling in at a number of positions including centre and full-back. He was rewarded with an improved four year contract mid-way through the season.

There are rumours that Wigan Warriors are interested in signing Ryan but it seems that he will be staying at Castleford.
From Wikipedia
oh wikipedia, well then that means it must be 100% accurate trustworthy information then! Good job wikipedia was quoted on the rumour mill.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

markill wrote:
wiggydoran wrote:

From Wikipedia
oh wikipedia, well then that means it must be 100% accurate trustworthy information then! Good job wikipedia was quoted on the rumour mill.
Hey Binder, Wikipedia is accurate.. we are actually signing Jonny Wilkinson after all.. :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I had a look on the castleford forum and many are scathing of the suggestion in the first place.

This rumour has (according to what I read) only come-about because of some message on facebook to some guys sister, where the player is alleged to have said that he will return from australia early in order to complete contract negotiations with ian lenighan - who at the same time was also in australia watching the world cup!!!!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: