Warriors Panto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Warriors Panto

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Losing Mick Hannan was a blow.

They used to have a PA link to the players whose job it was to notify them of what to attend etc
That was one of the biggest mistakes Wigan made. Mick Hannan was, and still is, a diamond and it was a very sad day when he left the club. If you wanted a player to attend an event all you needed was to ask Mick and it would be sorted. In fact it was a prerequisite for the players, especially the younger ones, to prepare them for when they got promoted and were requested to attend more formal events.

The whole culture at Wigan is changing and not always for the best. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mick Hogan

Post by Mick Hogan »

Dear All

Thanks for all the feedback.

To make up for the disappointment of no players being at the Xmas Panto the club will be organising an additional event for Saturday 10th January here at the JJB Stadium. Everyone who attended the Panto will be invited free of charge to the 90 minute event which will feature first team players, a signing session, Q & A, disco and various fun games. Full details will be sent to all next week.

The club has now undertaken a complete revision of its player appearance procedures. We are committed to doing more community and fan based appearances than ever before. For this to succeed we need a robust appearance procedure that ensures all promises are met.

As ever the Wigan club will accept player appearance requests from schools, clubs, community groups and charities. The request form is on the official site under the 'Community' section. As long as it meets the club's objectives of engaging with the community and/or supporting local charity it can be considered. The event would need to fit around training and matches and please give 4 weeks notice where possible.

Kind regards

Mick Hogan
Chief Executive
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Good response Mick
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Doesn't give an explanation why they didn't turn up though. Were they all hung over from Joes leaving party :eusa18:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Fujiman wrote: Doesn't give an explanation why they didn't turn up though.
From earlier in the thread:
Mick Hogan wrote:Dear All

Can I start by apologising to all who attended and were expecting the appearance of a number of players. For whatever reason the players were not told about the event so it is unfair to blame them. What we are now doing is to find out why they were not told about the event? That investigation is currently underway and will be concluded tomorrow.

We are now looking at how we can compensate those families who did attend. An answer will be with them very shortly.

The real shame about incidents like this is that it undermines the good work done by the players and the dozens of visits they do every month. However we need 100% success in these areas and anything less will not do.

Once again apologies for this most unsatisfactory turn of events. We will find out why and put it right.

Regards

Mick Hogan
CEO
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Fujiman wrote:Doesn't give an explanation why they didn't turn up though. Were they all hung over from Joes leaving party :eusa18:
Catch up Fuji, read the earlier post from Mick Hogan :conf: :)

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mike wrote:
Fujiman wrote: Doesn't give an explanation why they didn't turn up though.
From earlier in the thread:
Mick Hogan wrote:Dear All

Can I start by apologising to all who attended and were expecting the appearance of a number of players. For whatever reason the players were not told about the event so it is unfair to blame them. What we are now doing is to find out why they were not told about the event? That investigation is currently underway and will be concluded tomorrow.

We are now looking at how we can compensate those families who did attend. An answer will be with them very shortly.

The real shame about incidents like this is that it undermines the good work done by the players and the dozens of visits they do every month. However we need 100% success in these areas and anything less will not do.

Once again apologies for this most unsatisfactory turn of events. We will find out why and put it right.

Regards

Mick Hogan
CEO
I was being flippant in the last part of my remark but I've highlighted in bold a part that upholds the first part of my remark. He doesn't say why they didn't turn up just don't blame the players. BTW i think it's good that we get these replies from the club
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Thanks very much for the response Mick, My kids will look forward to meeting the players.

I do accept your reasons as to why they didnt attend, as the next day i attended the 'playing for success' awards and Feka and O'carroll did turn up.

This is my son's first season as a season ticket holder in the east stand and so i didn't want to dissapoint him in any way, he loved seeing Feka and is really exited about the new seasson.

Pity we cant get him a new shirt for Xmas.

Tony
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Clicked onto this topic thinking it was a description of our 2008 season :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

NA just a description of next season so far...

Players not turning up for Wigan Warriors organised events (ha ha ha ha ha, including matches most probably), no replica shirts yet for next season, because we still dont have a sponser, charity shirts not looking like they will arrive in time for Christmas or charity match, getting rid of players tha fans actually like and continually signing Aussies, this club week by week is turning into a bigger and bigger farce... Bring back Uncle Mo, all is forgiven
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!