Wow what an acedemy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WIGANMAD2001

Wow what an acedemy

Post by WIGANMAD2001 »

Has everyone seen the senior acedemy play i wish we could play like that.
And once again i heard that Rickey Bibey was the star of the game. If anyone read my last report on Bibey a couple of weeks ago i was saying that he is one of the best rising stars weve got.
But unfortunalty its not the acedemy that are in the Super League.

What do you all think?
For Love Of The Game
DaveO

Re: Wow what an acedemy

Post by DaveO »

I think the academy is not the same as SL by a long way.

It's good to hear we have a production line again because for a while it got interrupted with few coming through.

But to make best use of the rising stars they need to drip fed into the first team not all shoved in at once.

Bibey does not look out of his depth at SL level but neither does he stand out. Its much tougher at that level and he is one of the most experienced of the younger players.

Kevin Brown has been promoted to the first team squad and he sounds exciting but we doo need a few more experienced hands to guide the kids into the first team.
scrumdown

Re: Re: Wow what an acedemy

Post by scrumdown »

I have been to all the games and they have played well but the the teams played are in the bottom third of the table, the leeds game this week will tell us more about the standard of the team.

I would have to say that i sat watching one recent game and thought how many would eventualy progess to first team level and i think i counted about five this team is a very young team and they are a long way from sl level