Has anything been happening at the stadium?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

Has anything been happening at the stadium?

Post by exile in Tiger country »

If the stadium is going to have a new sponsor (& therefore a new name) I assume the JJB seating will have to be replaced, so thought if anyone had seen any new seats going in, it might give a clue as to the new sponsor.

I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Re: Has anything been happening at the stadium?

Post by josie andrews »

exile in Tiger country wrote:If the stadium is going to have a new sponsor (& therefore a new name) I assume the JJB seating will have to be replaced, so thought if anyone had seen any new seats going in, it might give a clue as to the new sponsor.
Well I walked from the south to the north stand last night and looked across at the pitch and stands and there are no changes to the seating and don't really think there will be. Its only Wigan Warriors that are not being sponsored by JJB. :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

no the 10 year sponsor of the stadium is up as well ,whelan is looking for a new stadium sponsor as well
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder wrote:no the 10 year sponsor of the stadium is up as well ,whelan is looking for a new stadium sponsor as well
Oh, okay Mike, but when is that up?

Like I said nothing last night when going thru'all the seating is in place!

He'll probably wait till the football season has ended, then push us out for a few weeks while they change the seating or maybe the turf will need reseeding or relaying or maybe the toilets need painting or maybe......... :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Oh, okay Mike, but when is that up?

Like I said nothing last night when going thru'all the seating is in place!

He'll probably wait till the football season has ended, then push us out for a few weeks while they change the seating or maybe the turf will need reseeding or relaying or maybe the toilets need painting or maybe......... :wink: [/quote]

Josie you have hit the nail on the head, he will do that but i wonder how far he will push Ian Lenagan before IL says enough is enough and i sent a message to Brain Simpson in November and he said he's having a metting with the council after christmas and one of the topics will be how the supporters are getting treated and the contract breeches by Dave Whelan and then make a short statement to the press. i hope Dave Whelhan gets what coming to him.

anyway a new sponser would be intresting considering were looking for one aswell

plus the toilets do need a painting :D but they need to scrub the stadium seats on premier league match day, thats where all the crap is

Latics 0 Warriors 1 :D :D :D :eusa3: :eusa3:
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

it going be called vizwear stadium :lol: :lol:
IN WANE WE TRUST
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

eccywarrior wrote:it going be called vizwear stadium :lol: :lol:
Oh no, those bright yellow seats and reflective stripes will cause havoc with the camera's under floodlights! :D
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

It will be done in June I would think when we don't play at home. (we've moved the Wakey game to Feb 8th)
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:it going be called vizwear stadium :lol: :lol:
Oh no, those bright yellow seats and reflective stripes will cause havoc with the camera's under floodlights! :D
In that case how about we go for the Viz stadium... we've already got a fat slug at hooker ;)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."