Riddell Song

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: Riddell Song

Post by Bear »

Im not mentioning that song. Im saying anything. Yeah its a child freindly enviroment and i agree with that fully. I can see what you are saying.

On the other hand. Id rather pay my money to watch the boys, and get behind them. Rather than sit there queitly im one of them who would much rather shout my head off at a game. The loudest it gets is when folk start booing.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

To the tune of Wild Rover

I've traveled this land for many a year
Spent all my money on rugby and beer
Supporting the Warriors is why we are here
And we'll win a trophy in less than a year
And its Wigan Warriors Wigan Warriors FC
And a beer for Mark Riddell will bring us good cheer

:thum:
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

Bear wrote:Im not mentioning that song. Im saying anything. Yeah its a child freindly enviroment and i agree with that fully. I can see what you are saying.

On the other hand. Id rather pay my money to watch the boys, and get behind them. Rather than sit there queitly im one of them who would much rather shout my head off at a game. The loudest it gets is when folk start booing.
totally agree with u..... we are supposed to be the "18th man" yet like u said the loudest it gets is wen ppl boo and sing stuff like "your not fit to wear the shirt" to me that just turned us into Huddersfield's 18th man that nite.... not Wigans!!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Bear wrote:If its got more than 2 words and theres a slight swear word in it no one wants to know. Its a wonder we dont win anything. No one backs up the team
Bear I take my 11 year old son to games and whilst I think the song is great for a lads night out I would never join in to that song as it sets a bad example.

I just cant understand parents who swear in a family environment.

I think a lot of responsible adults would agree and therefore if you wish to get people to join into a Piggy song why not design it to appeal to everyone ie without swearing?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Bear wrote:Im not mentioning that song. Im saying anything. Yeah its a child freindly enviroment and i agree with that fully. I can see what you are saying.

Agree totally with that, but some on here seem to either be unable to come up with a song or chant without swearing or don't want to.
We should be the loudest fans at home, and often get out shouted by the away fans, I do believe however that the reasons the booing is louder is because it can build up. A chant from the north end of East stand will never be in sync with the South Stand because of the relatively slow speed of sound, so it is difficult to get all fans chantng at oncr, and unfortunately, from where I sit in South Stand, I don't want to join in some of the chants from there because they are offensive.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jimofwigan wrote:To the tune of Wild Rover

I've traveled this land for many a year
Spent all my money on rugby and beer
Supporting the Warriors is why we are here
And we'll win a trophy in less than a year
And its Wigan Warriors Wigan Warriors FC
And a beer for Mark Riddell will bring us good cheer

:thum:
I think that is quite good Jim, well done :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i think i have got one still to the torres tune

His Facebook says he's coming here, Riddell, Riddell
He likes his pie and chips and beer, Riddell, Riddell
He's Better than the Saints and Bulls
and Leeds Rhinos and both the Hulls
Piggy Riddell, Wigans number 9
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Hi not been on here for a while, read alot but dont post very often,.A little thought on the riddell song.

Can you here the scousers sing riddell riddell,
Can you here the rhinos sing riddell riddell
can you here the wires sing
bet you cant hear a f****kin thing
but we all love you here piggy , piggy, riddell.

Just a thought !!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

I agree with the comments on the child freindly enviroment and some chants are offensive. But sometimes it can get quiet when a simple chant is sung. Like someone pointed out we are the 18th man :D

I dont blame fans for not swearing when they take young children. But i think fans should get behind the players... The fans do a great job of turning up week in week out home and away in big numbers. But if you asked yourself when you was on the feild what would gear you up more, Fans shouting your name, or fans booing.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

MY opinion re the noise at the home games is that a lot of the fans dont know the words to some of the chants and songs.Ive often thought about maybe there should be some sort of song sheet or booklet that could be handed out at the home games !!! This would only need to be done a few times.The fans keep the sheet or booklet and take it to the games until they know the words !! I for one have been going watchin Wigan for many a year and have to admitt i dont know quite a lot of the songs.Plus if everyone knows the words = more fans singing = more noise !!!.

Just a thought.