Fans Forum, Info Reported Back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Fans Forum, Info Reported Back

Post by josie andrews »

Have been informed by a friend in oz, who I have just told about Roberts signing for us, and he says that he is a top bloke and player, he's 28 years old he's also a very good goal kicker

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:I wanna know why no-one shouted "house" when speaking about the sponsor topic.

I seen you CP :)
I missed you sorry. Where did you sit? I saw Pete/Kaz
joeb

Post by joeb »

by the way whos pies were they
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pooles
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I dont care how good a bloke Amos is, how we gonna cope next season, and the few after that when we HAVE to play more home grown players and we have none left as they are either a)classfied by the club as too young (and usually still sitting their A Levels, or b) the aisncoughs, mossops, s tompkins, prescotts, farrells, and J tompkins of this world have all left the club, snatching "smaller" clubs hands off at the prospect of some 1st team rugby! dont give me all this rubbish about accellerated squad members!

U had better take me out of the draw for the Pre-season dinner tickets, im more likely to lamp Nobby/IL than eat with them at the moment!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was all Josie's fault :D

Cherry like you I do not accept that the young players will get their opportunities and time will prove us right or wrong.

I disagree with Noble but credit him for his enthusiasm tonight and he presented his views well.
joeb

Post by joeb »

glad i didnt go then a bit steep 4 quid for a pooles pie, just hope we dont play lockers at six to much,creates nothing big problem no reconised half back at club,i know tomkins,but we cant play him week in week out yet,i know people make coments about edwards, but he played with 12 internatals and four more on bench happy days
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Latics were bound to have priority. Anybody who didn't expect that is brain dead.

If Wigan RL don't play there and the pitch is a mess then the media simply can't blame us or RL and spout the usual sh*te that they spout. If they do then they're just making bigger t*ts of themselves than normal (step forward Mark Lawrenson) Wigan RL and RL in general not getting bad press is surely a good thing?

If we're playing on a Friday night and Latics get drawn on a Saturday, then I would presume we would move to Sunday (see the Wakefield game on the 8th) which would please most people. I'd much sooner play at 3pm on a Sunday than 8pm on a Friday. Obviously if we're on TV then we'd probably have to move.

What IL needs to do is sit down with DW and ensure that both the SL and PL take into account that the ground is shared and ensure there are no clashes. (obviously cup ties can't be accounted for) The ground should be treated by the PL as though there are two football teams playing there and that there are two RL teams by SL. Simple. It would work on a week A, week B style rota. It's a piece of pi$$.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Considering that last year we were told what the CC draw was going to be in advance of it taking place. I would think that the RL should be able to organise it so our home fixtures (if we get any) in the CC don't clash with the wendyball crowd
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

chnwh wrote:Latics were bound to have priority. Anybody who didn't expect that is brain dead.

If Wigan RL don't play there and the pitch is a mess then the media simply can't blame us or RL and spout the usual sh*te that they spout. If they do then they're just making bigger t*ts of themselves than normal (step forward Mark Lawrenson) Wigan RL and RL in general not getting bad press is surely a good thing?

If we're playing on a Friday night and Latics get drawn on a Saturday, then I would presume we would move to Sunday (see the Wakefield game on the 8th) which would please most people. I'd much sooner play at 3pm on a Sunday than 8pm on a Friday. Obviously if we're on TV then we'd probably have to move.

What IL needs to do is sit down with DW and ensure that both the SL and PL take into account that the ground is shared and ensure there are no clashes. (obviously cup ties can't be accounted for) The ground should be treated by the PL as though there are two football teams playing there and that there are two RL teams by SL. Simple. It would work on a week A, week B style rota. It's a piece of pi$$.

IL did state that every effort was being made to avoid fixture clashes with meetings with the stadium company and the RFL.Premier league rules state that if a ground is shared then the PL fixture takes presidence (not IL words but PL rule 4b).IL said he was happy with the situation as we we have a good deal at the JJB the Stadium company has the last say on the matter but the obvious outcome was that we would not be able to play a match within 24 hours BEFORE the Latics we can play after they have played .Fixtures can be arranged so no clash is involved ,the problem arises when Cup games /Play off games arise.I think we have to eat humble pie and accept the situation no matter how we feel let down about it.IL is happy with the agreement and there will no ground built solely for the Wigan Warriors.