Amos Roberts Appearance at Fans forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shevi 4 life

Amos Roberts Appearance at Fans forum

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Pretty much what the title said : ) Amos Roberts Appearance at fans forum, waiting for press release.......
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
ancientnloyal

Re: Amos Roberts Appearance at Fans forum

Post by ancientnloyal »

He was yes, arrived in the UK this morning sleepy, turned up for 20 seconds for a wave and a smile, then went.

I dont know where he went I just have an image of him outside Wigan North Western waiting for a taxi somewhere with his bags.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:He was yes, arrived in the UK this morning sleepy, turned up for 20 seconds for a wave and a smile, then went.

I dont know where he went I just have an image of him outside Wigan North Western waiting for a taxi somewhere with his bags.
I told Mr Lenegan and told Nobby to get him a chair, instead of leaving him on his own leant on one of the posts while they sorted themselves out at the table :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ancientnloyal wrote:He was yes, arrived in the UK this morning sleepy, turned up for 20 seconds for a wave and a smile, then went.

He was in the South Stand bar near the pie counter for an hour before the forum talking to fans and the press after he was presented on stage he sat at the front (to the left of the the stage where the MCs where)for a good half hour listening to the banter before he left.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

yep no press release but definately signed, friend went to see him today but i cant say what about
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

There waiting for Carmont to get his Samoan passport which would release him from the overseas qouata should be here in the next week or so.Then he can be officially signed he is going to Lanzarote with the team thursday.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pretty sure he has got the okay for the passport according to those at the fans forum. all systems go then, lets hope he runs forwards...
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

According to the BBC: Roberts is recovering from hand surgery and will not be fit until mid-February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 829361.stm

Any sign of an injury?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

- psycho - wrote:pretty sure he has got the okay for the passport according to those at the fans forum. all systems go then, lets hope he runs forwards...
Lets hope he gets a pass!

Dave
botica

Post by botica »

On Wikipedia Amos is said to have an Italian Passport and this "allows him to play in the english Superleague without counting on the clubs quota"

If this is true, why do we need George to gain a Samoan Passport? I just assume Wiki is finally wrong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos_Roberts

:hehe:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010