Squad on club website question

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
exile in Tiger country

Squad on club website question

Post by exile in Tiger country »

no number 2 or number 6 named. Let's assume the unveiling of Amos Roberts is a clue as to where the number 2 is going, but this surely means the club either have or are about to off load Tim Smith? Was he mentioned at the fans forum?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Re: Squad on club website question

Post by ancientnloyal »

It is mainly all from last season, calderwood, barrett and higham's numbers arent on... The squad should be announced next friday - im thinking Pryce will be #14, Roberts #2, Riddell #9.

If Phelps doesnt get #3 one can assume he wont be here for long
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Riddell at 9 and Karl Pryce at 20, so I think this must be an indication of the 2009 squad. Hope not, I like Smith and would expect Pryce to have the number 3 shirt.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Bear

Post by Bear »

I cant understand why we would be getting rid of either. I thought phelps was a good signing. IMO Smith hasnt really had enough time to be able to judge. If anyone wants offloading it should be mathers IMO. I know hes took some stick from the fans last season, but Richards in at FB. To me richards is the best FB we have, he is the most confatable in that position for me.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Bear wrote:I cant understand why we would be getting rid of either. I thought phelps was a good signing. IMO Smith hasnt really had enough time to be able to judge. If anyone wants offloading it should be mathers IMO. I know hes took some stick from the fans last season, but Richards in at FB. To me richards is the best FB we have, he is the most confatable in that position for me.
I agree. Now that we've got two (hopefully) good wingers in Roberts and Pryce, I'd love to see Pat at fb instead of Mathers, but it ain't gonna happen.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Bear wrote:I cant understand why we would be getting rid of either. I thought phelps was a good signing. IMO Smith hasnt really had enough time to be able to judge. If anyone wants offloading it should be mathers IMO. I know hes took some stick from the fans last season, but Richards in at FB. To me richards is the best FB we have, he is the most confatable in that position for me.
I agree I think Phelps is a better player than he gets credit for and I would like to see him get a crack at full back or standoff along with Tomkins. I think Roberts as played full back , with the way the modern game is played think he would be worth a shout .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!