Warriors Kit 2009 revealed...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Warriors Kit 2009 revealed...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I must admit when i first looked i was unsure, but its already growing on me, i like to see its got what looks like a proper collar.

The away one reminds me of the one from a few years back that addidas made.

The sponsor is irrelavent mecca's cash is as good as anyone elses, and for those who think it matters, the premier league (possibley one of the most cash laden leagues in the world) have 2 teams unable to find a sponsor. That shows you how difficult it really is.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:
Sutty wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Image

Different view
Did they steal those balls from Rileys Snooker Hall. I'd hate to see the size of the cue used to knock them pool balls around the table. Come to think of it, imagine the size of the table, it must be huge!!
:lol: :lol:
cheesiest (sp?) pic ever!
Just showed it to my wife and said 'how cheesy is that on a scale of 1 to 10?' then read your post.

Whatever next, Feka looking at his bingo card with glee upon realising he's got a line?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:No mention of how much they're sponsoring us for, though, I find that a bit worrying. If it was a genuinely substantial amount, I feel they'd have revealed it.
£60,000 but that was when we were still going for a different sponsor on the away shirt. Not sure if they paid more when that fell through. Tote are supposed to be paying £40,000. Both per season.

Dave

simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

working with stains salford and leeds fans and the odd other team when i logged on this afternoon they all just said how awful the shirts were looks so cheesy with the bingo.com bit added on

would have preferd it with just mecca but what does it matter if they have been good enough to put money into the club thats all that matters

hated the shirts at first but after seeing it a number of times its growing on me
dont think im going to buy it though would be to much on top of the season ticket and increased costs of travel to away games as my son now has to pay for his tickets at away games just not practable option at the moment plus not being available untill end feb i find odd would cost me nearly £250 to buy them for me and my sons so not a justified exspence in the current climate

ill just wait till end of season when they get reduced in price

just glad we have finally got the strip out and lets hope its a lucky strip for 2009 season and we go all the way
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I cant see why people are moaning about the sponser being Mecca they are a big company putting money in the club.Now the shirts a first glance i dont like the home one at all and really dont like the away one at all.So at the moment i wont be buying one,but they might grow on me when i see them in the flesh.I
markill

Post by markill »

i like the away one but the home one is just awful - the word disgrace even crossed my mind. someone tell these kit folk that our colours are cherry and white, not the other way round. The worst thing is i'll still probably buy them both, but its not a certainty with that home one. i never thought i'd have angry feeling over a wigan shirt. i'll be ranting about this one in the pub all night i think!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My 14 year old son just saw the shirts for the 1st time and the sponsor - I had not mentioned it to him it was Mecca bingo.

Very negative first reaction on both counts. We will be the laughing stock of the league was one comment.

I did explain Mecca were part of a multi-million pound company and money was tight these days but I don't think that swayed him! Saved me £40 or so by the looks of it :wink:

Dave

El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

markill wrote:i like the away one but the home one is just awful - the word disgrace even crossed my mind. someone tell these kit folk that our colours are cherry and white, not the other way round. The worst thing is i'll still probably buy them both, but its not a certainty with that home one. i never thought i'd have angry feeling over a wigan shirt. i'll be ranting about this one in the pub all night i think!
Disgrace is a bit strong isn't it? What would you have designed?

Personally I don't think they are too bad. Prefer them to last seasons where it looked they had forgotten a hoop.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
kris_roy

Post by kris_roy »

overall im not taken by either of the shirts, the home one i feel has too much white, while the away shirt is marginaly better it still looks abit plain, much prefer last seasons.
The only thing is wigan could have used this as an oppurtunity to get the whole town involved and setup a competition for designing the new kit both home and away. it could've raised a lot of media attention for the club making it more desirable and included the whole family to enter, possibly with a free season ticket as a prize and the first shirt given to the winner.
i rekon its an oppurtunity missed and they should consider it in the coming seasons so hopefully the designs of the kit will get better as certainly a whole town of ideas is better than a few peoples.
BORN WIGAN,
LIVE WIGAN,
DIE WIGAN!!!!!
markill

Post by markill »

El Bobbers wrote:
markill wrote:i like the away one but the home one is just awful - the word disgrace even crossed my mind. someone tell these kit folk that our colours are cherry and white, not the other way round. The worst thing is i'll still probably buy them both, but its not a certainty with that home one. i never thought i'd have angry feeling over a wigan shirt. i'll be ranting about this one in the pub all night i think!
Disgrace is a bit strong isn't it? What would you have designed?

Personally I don't think they are too bad. Prefer them to last seasons where it looked they had forgotten a hoop.
yeah thats why i just stopped short of it - i'd have had more red hoops, it just looks white to me, not right.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod