liefers 2nd string are awful...and stanton was amongst them

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

liefers 2nd string are awful...and stanton was amongst them

Post by markill »

me and 'the cow' live in the fylde and went to support the blackpool panthers against leigh tonight. panthers won in a 2 tries to 1 nailbiter (well...not quite that exciting but still it was close and a fair battle down the middle with the wide men struggling on a wet night).

anyway my point is the leigh second string/younger first teamers looked very poor and nicky stanton was on the wing for leigh. he was poor throughout his time on field, looked smaller than ainscough, failed to offer an outlet for his playmakers inside him, didn't look for work from play of ball and such like and look overpowered when defending. I know a lot of folk on here saw him play acadamy games and peopl weren't happy we let him go but on the evidence i saw it might well be another player just not good enough for us. can't see how he would be anywhere near superleague standard.

That said, good luck to the lad! I hope he score plenty of tries in leigh defeats!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
robjoenz

Re: liefers 2nd string are awful...and stanton was amongst them

Post by robjoenz »

3 tries to 1, it was 16-6. Blackpool played some good rugby, albeit, very basic. When you consider that they lost so many games on the run for so many seasons they're vastly improved. However, Leigh were poor.

Apparently, number 24 was Macraff Leuleui's, Tommy's 18 year old brother, over on a student/tourist visa.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I did not see the game However I believe Stanton played 20-25 minutes. Hardly enough time to pass judgement. Sam Reay and Dean Hatton, two other ex Wigan players also played for Leigh.

Leigh did not want to play the game. They had to after signing a Blackpool player last season. They fielded a trialist half, new players. They did not exen field the team on the teamsheet and several players were wearing shirts belonging to other squad members. Blackpool fielded 11 ex Leigh players. So you can see who was motivated. Blackpool are far better since Crompton took over.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

They did not exen field the team on the teamsheet and several players were wearing shirts belonging to other squad members.
They did (the majority had names on their shirts), there were just about 8 players on the bench for them and it was a right mess with numbers out of place.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Did you officiate Rob? TJ or referee?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

TJ