SONNY BILL WILLIAMS?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

SONNY BILL WILLIAMS?

Post by ddtftf »

It may be way off the mark, but he wants away from RU and he cannot go back to Aus. Maybe if the club do a deal for us to pay part of his wages this season, with the bulk next year, when we loose some more player contracts.

It may be pie in the sky but there are rumours linking him with Wigan next year, and as Lenagan says himself, he is great at organising leases.
highland convert

Re: SONNY BILL WILLIAMS?

Post by highland convert »

Great player but very injury prone. no way too much money for what he has to offer. Jim
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Ive already posted a comment on general rugby league section about SBW joining Huddersfield Giants but not sure if that would happen. Also Hull FC are reported to be interested after failing to land Croker. Would be great to see him in Cherry and White but not holding my breath. Not enough cash. Wont come cheap.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

outback wiganer wrote:Ive already posted a comment on general rugby league section about SBW joining Huddersfield Giants but not sure if that would happen. Also Hull FC are reported to be interested after failing to land Croker. Would be great to see him in Cherry and White but not holding my breath. Not enough cash. Wont come cheap.
He may not "come cheap". However, his agent is no mug and if this rumour has some sort of substance to it, then he will get some sort of "pay off" from the union side, maybe even part paying his wages at another club side ala trent barrett was by st george for his first season at the club. Just a thought!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I can't see why he would be so expensive to sign, unless a bidding war started with another club, if he is ousted from Union he has nowhere else to go, he's knackered down under untill 2013 iirc, i couldn't see another union club going for him, and a lot of SL clubs will surely have spent their cap limits, it would be a case of taking whatever he could or be out of the game not earning a penny for a while.
sini_matthew_clayton

Post by sini_matthew_clayton »

Hes a great player, But he would demand a huge wage.
We dont need another second row, We need to be looking at a new prop :exc:
Italian.Polish.Irish.Iceland
Bear

Post by Bear »

Sonny Bill will proberbly just be looking for a pay check... and if they were to look any were it would be wigan. We are the only club who is stupid enough to shop round for half injured has beens who will get the job done for 2 or 3 games. Whats wrong with having a few youngsters having a run out.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He is also quite quick, he can play stand off or centre, and has done in the NRL. The French do not want him, as he has crippled about half of the French RFU squad, and I am not joking.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Bear wrote:Sonny Bill will proberbly just be looking for a pay check... and if they were to look any were it would be wigan. We are the only club who is stupid enough to shop round for half injured has beens who will get the job done for 2 or 3 games. Whats wrong with having a few youngsters having a run out.
I woudn`t call Sonny Bill Williams a HAS BEEN, he is 24 yrs old
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

There's no denying that SBW is a superb player, however it would depend on the wage he expected and less injuries for me to be happy for him to come to Wigan.

Although, I don't think we'll need to worry about it as I don't think we have enough room to get Williams under the salary cap.