Name That Tune

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Name That Tune

Post by THE 18th Man »

nope not the gameshow but i was wondering if anybody knows Wigans anthem or offical song. i know they used to play Simply The Best but for some reason they dont play it anymore (cant think why :) ) anyway if no one can think of one then suggestions would be great and could even be reffered to the club on matchday (just incase anyone didnt know the club said last year they were taking suggestions for songs to be played on matchday)
highland convert

Re: Name That Tune

Post by highland convert »

What about "We're all going on a summer holiday" :)
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

highland convert wrote:What about "We're all going on a summer holiday" :)
How about Wigan ovations "skiing in the snow" :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

:wink: How can anyone forget "Entry of the Gladiators" crackling over the tannoy at Central Park - happy days :wink:
Dotnet

Post by Dotnet »

Entry Of The Gladiators was the best for me.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

The best for me as well. At Central Park when we were the riversiders we used to sing Down by the Riverside.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Rep_Warrior

Post by Rep_Warrior »

Didnt they used to play Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis at one point if i remember it was pretty early on when we moved to **B Stadium (cant bring myself to name it!!)

Chris
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JARJAR wrote: :wink: How can anyone forget "Entry of the Gladiators" crackling over the tannoy at Central Park - happy days :wink:
I have this as a ringtone on my moby :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Rep_Warrior wrote:Didnt they used to play Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis at one point if i remember it was pretty early on when we moved to **B Stadium (cant bring myself to name it!!)Chris

Yes they did, I liked that also, then when Mike Gregory was coach it changed to the theme from Gladiator, may have coincided with Mighty Max being the mascot as well
:roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Rep_Warrior wrote:Didnt they used to play Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis at one point if i remember it was pretty early on when we moved to **B Stadium (cant bring myself to name it!!)

Chris

this one certainly used to build the atmosphere especialy in big games, hope some one has suggested it for matchday if not i will