Wakefield? A no win game?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wakefield? A no win game?

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... field.html

True

It is happening already :D

I am going to submit the following article;
Wigan gain hollow victory!

Wigan secured an uninspiring and very worrying 50 point victory over a gallant never say die Wakefield team. Lacking 55 regular first teamers, injury ravaged Wakefierld were forced to play a team of schoolboy part timers. Amazingly, Wigan struggled and only scored several times late in the game.

The residents of Wakefield were unable to support their heroic team. Instead they stayed behind in an attempt to clear the picturesque Yorkshire village of snow. 100mm having fallen in the last 6 months.

The RFL has launched a save Wakefield charity campaign.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... field.html

True

Wigan secured an uninspiring and very worrying 50 point victory over a gallant never say die Wakefield team. Lacking 55 regular first teamers, injury ravaged Wakefierld were forced to play a team of schoolboy part timers. Amazingly, Wigan struggled and only scored several times late in the game.

The residents of Wakefield were unable to support their heroic team. Instead they stayed behind in an attempt to clear the picturesque Yorkshire village of snow. 100mm having fallen in the last 6 months.

A quality, well balanced article.

You are Mike "stevo" Stephenson in disguise, and I claim my five pounds!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... field.html

True

:D

That sounds about right.

Or:

Crisis at Wigan:

The expected 100-0 scoreline never looked like happening, as the Warriors suffered on the back of a 23-3 penalty count against them. It could have been worse, as Gareth Hock should clearly have been sent off for wearing the #11 shirt, but Referee Ian Smith (whose Wakefield shirt was difficult to distinguish from the other Wakefield shirts), perhaps felt that 3 sendings off (for O'Loughlin, Leuluai and Richards) were enough.

Down to ten men, Wigan struggled to keep up their point-a-minute scoring rate, and the final scoreline of 96-4 was a disapointment to the paltry 16,000 Wigan fans who bothered to turn up, and were heard booing their team at the end, although some fans later tried to claim that it was the referee that they were, amazingly, booing.

When asked about his 12 tries, new signing Amos Roberts could only express surprise that the man-of-the-match award went to Jamie Rooney for defying his crippling injury to score what could have been the match-winning try.

The result lifts Wigan off the bottom of the table for the first time this season.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I dont care what the score is on Sunday as long as we win. I understand Wigan don't get the credit where its due, but 2 points is the most important thing. Even though we're not the most successful club in the land anymore, critics are always waiting for us to fail so they have something to shout about, so on that score we will always be in a no win situation. Can't wait for the game on Sunday. Reckon the atmosphere will be tops. The supporters are the best in the country home and away. We have to make the JJB a fortress again.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

GeoffN wrote:
The result lifts Wigan off the bottom of the table for the first time this season.
Although they are expected to return their, after the crucial "four-pointer" fixture against Salford who's run of 24 straight losses is expected to end at the jjb!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:Morph :) My glass is always half empty :wink:
I thought someone had stolen your cup :wink:
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:Given Wakeys injuries we are expected to run up a big victory v them. Are we on a loser? If we beat them easily, people will say well you should have. If we only just beat them or God forbid lose to them (I cannot believe we will) then there will be an almighty backlash.

All Wakey have to do is put the effort in and people / the mediawill praise them and say how unlucky are Wakefield with injuries blah blag blah.
CPW is a Psychic how did he know it was a no win game, he will be available in the south stand bar with his crystal ball before the next home game against Cas!