Wigan vs Wakey Reactions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Wigan vs Wakey Reactions

Post by GeoffN »

adiddy wrote:Now Ive had time to calm down, Wakefield were well worth their victory! They oozed commitment, pride, passion, guts, and determination! All the things Wigan lacked! We can go on and on about how poor players were for Wigan and everyone is right they were poor, what can be done about it...?! Well Noble does need to wield the axe, it wont do any 1st choice players any harm to spend some time in the under 21s! Maybe the kick up the backside they need!! My line up for next week would be:
1 Richards (Capt)
2 Roberts
3 Goulding
4 Carmont
5 Pryce (if fit)/Ainscough
6 S. Tomkins
7 Smith
8 Fielden
9 Riddell
10 O'Carroll
11 Hock
12 O'Loughlin
13 J Tomkins
14 Feka
15 Prescott (if fit)/Coley
16 Leuluai (sub hooker)
17 Hansen

1st teamers dropped
Mathers
Bailey
Phelps

May make things happen, may not!! But would it hurt to try? Cant get any worse!!! Will still be at Hull!!! :D

Matt
I'd go along with a similar side to that - alternatively possibly trying Roberts at fb and Richards on the wing.

I'd also be inclined to start TL, with Sam Tomkins on the bench to come on when TL goes to hooker.
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

No direction
No enthusasm
No commitment
No chance of winning anything as long as noble is in charge
No pride
Deserved to be booed in my opinion. When people hand over there hard earned cash, and the players dont even make an effort. They deserve everything they get. Absolute SH*T
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Why not play McIlorum at hooker instead of the obviously overweight and unfit Riddell. At least the kid would have a go. Piggy showed no enthusiasm and I reckon I would have beat him in a race yesterday and I'm 47 and REALLY unfit. Mathers was like a frightened little boy. We've never replaced Radders. Not sure how Feka got man of the match. Obviously sponsors (or whoever chose him) didn't realise Leuluai was on the pitch.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Mather's, Phelps. Sorry I ever defended them. Roberts was made to look poor early on because of the gaping hole left by Phelps which Roberts tried to cover.
Phelps effectively dissappared for most of the first half.
Riddell, despite what many have said wasn't as fat as I had been led to believe.
The team were actually better whilst Mathers was sin binned. Hopefully he will get a long ban.
Appalling up the middle rugby, no support players for forwards to off load too.
Did any of our kicks finds the ground?
Good points
Fielden carrying the ball with purpose, Feka looked fitter, he was taken off to a clock, not because of need.
Tommy Leuluai, a class act all round.
Roberts made more yards forward from kick returns yesterday than Calderwood in the whole of the regular season last year.
Lockers and hock runnung better into the oposition.
Play lockers at 12, J Tomkins at 13, I never thought I'd say this because IMO he's too slow and too greedy, but play Goulding instead of Phelps
Noble needs to realise it's no good having fast wingers if he tells the team to play up the middle the whole game. He can't blame the conditions, Wakefield took 56 seconds to show a try could be scored out wide.
We were lucky not to lose by 24 points.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

I have wondered for two seasons now about what the players do on the training ground.We have little if any attacking options apart from a grubber or medium bomb to the wing.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I agree with lots that have been said particularly regarding Phelps, Mather,Coley and Smith.However i find it crazy to criticise Roberts and Riddel after just one game. Remember Richards first season? Neither can anyone blame Noble for a lot that went on on the field. He cannot be blamed for players missing easy tackles or dropping the ball.He should be blamed though for continuing to pick players who under perform on a regular basis.These players should be out on loan if anyone will take them and free some space on the salary cap.Mathers,Phelps,Coley and Fielden would be the first to go.
dezzer1952

Post by dezzer1952 »

Had 24 hours to calm down after yesterdays terrible and humiliating display . During our pre season matches (against inferior opposition I hasten to add ) we did seem to produce some half decent rugby.But against Wakefield we reverted to the same old boring , tedious one man rugby up the centre of the pitch .In attack we were flat and static allowing Wakefield's defence to dominate .Meanwhile when we defended we allowed Wakefield to run at us (especially Brad Drew)and they played some exciting rugby and could easily have scored another 12 points or more.
Having supported Wigan for more years than I care to remember it pains me to see the once famous club humiliated by the poor standard of players that we currently have . The coach imo is not doing his job properly . Surely he can't be coaching those kind of tactics that we witness week in week out, if they are his tactics he should go now ! There does'nt seem to be any cohesion or game plan and definitely no planned set moves , we even struggle to do the basics right i.e. run on to the ball ,catch it ,draw a player and pass and when we don't have the ball tackle (preferably hard)
Wakefield are far from a top side in SL but they made us look less than average. Change is needed! Change is now !
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I don't know what everyone is getting so uptight about.
As our esteemed assistant coach said in the bar after the game. "We'll put things right in training this week"

No worries then :eusa17:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

DISASTERS DEATHS
Hungary, july 2007: heatwave (500 Dead)
North Korea, august 2007: floods (1,000?Dead)
Peru, august 2007: earthquake (540 Ddead)
Bangladesh, november 2007: cyclone (4,000 Dead)
Afghanistan, february 2008: cold wave (926 Dead)
Myanmar/Burma, may 2008: cyclone (135,000 Dead)
China, may 2008: earthquake (70,000 Dead)
Haiti, august 2008: hurricane (500 Dead)
India and Bangladesh, september 2008: floods (635 Dead}

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THINGS COULD ONLY GET BETTER
WIGAN 6 WAKEFIELD 12

Some people think that winning is a matter of life and death. It's not It's more important than that
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

jimofwigan wrote:DISASTERS DEATHS
Hungary, july 2007: heatwave (500 Dead)
North Korea, august 2007: floods (1,000?Dead)
Peru, august 2007: earthquake (540 Ddead)
Bangladesh, november 2007: cyclone (4,000 Dead)
Afghanistan, february 2008: cold wave (926 Dead)
Myanmar/Burma, may 2008: cyclone (135,000 Dead)
China, may 2008: earthquake (70,000 Dead)
Haiti, august 2008: hurricane (500 Dead)
India and Bangladesh, september 2008: floods (635 Dead}

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THINGS COULD ONLY GET BETTER
WIGAN 6 WAKEFIELD 12

Some people think that winning is a matter of life and death. It's not It's more important than that
Getting rid of Mathers: Priceless...

A2B we have heard that statement soo many times 'we'll get it right in training'. so we know whats going to happen come friday, calderwood hat trick.

I am prepared to give us a few more rounds (some may think thats long enough) before i judge more. but i will say that our team will not change much for quite a while. Sam T will score 50 before easter for the reserves and not get a shout. Ainscough could offer his body for favours and still not get a nod.*

*you cant sue as i mentioned no names to whom he offers his body at
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame