Team strengthening

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyboy

Team strengthening

Post by billyboy »

What a cracking Easter! Who could have expected four points? But now with the bad news on O'Loughlin following Hock and the departure of Farrell, we desperately need more hands and experience. I know all about the salary cap,but we must have some leeway on that,remember we tried to sign Hopkins from the Broncos and the French prop from Limoux.I can't believe that there is no-one available anywhere in RL.When Leeds were after Ellis the W/field chief exec said every player has his price.What price Korkidas?We have the money (and I'm not talking Farrell money).When we were interested in Lauit'iti Lindsay said we are not a poor club.Let him prove it now. Our need has never been greater. We can' reasonably expect these kids to keep up this standard match after match.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
proud_pie_eater

Re: Team strengthening

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I think these young lads will be better than people expect, they have more to stand up for and they definatly have the determination to do that but we do need a Quentin Pongia type player to help bulk up the squad. I agree with a lot you say but I think young players do lack at the end of the season, its happened to Wigan before and we dont want history to repeat itself!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!