Brian Noble and the future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Brian Noble and the future

Post by jaws1 »

Shaun1967 wrote:I disagree with what you are saying Josie.

Most of us are under no illusions that if we won a trophy now it would simply be papering over the cracks and giving us something to smile about in the short term.

One of the major frustrations amongst fans at the moment is the quality of players that are blocking the progress of our youngsters. I would personally rather see Ainscough being developed rather than Phelps. Tim Smith is still trying to refind his feet in Rugby League. When he does this he will go back to the NRL. In the meantime Sam will be growing increasingly frustrated and sitting on the sidelines.
I do not advocate packing the team out with local youngsters, however we need to bring them through at a greater rate than we are doing currently. If it hadn't been for injuries giving Joel T his chance we would be having the same discussions about him. The club admitted they gave him more game time than they hoped to at that stage, but look how he has coped because he has the ability.

I cannot speak for anyone else on here, but I personally can be satisfied watching a Wigan team - especially one containing lots of Wigan lads (in fact those videos are taking quite a hammering recently).
I think it is only optimism that keeps us turning up. We convince ourselves that we are making a new start and this is the beginning of something big. We used to do this at the beginning of each season, now as highlighted in several threads on here recently, we are doing it on a week by week basis convincing ourselves a bad performance is the kick up the backside we needed.
I currently am not happy with the way the club are performing, however I do not intend to go and support something else. I carried on supporting the club when they were relegated and I will do now. I do not boo the team, but I sit there in absolute disbelief and silence.
I do not knock people who boo the team as they are simply showing their disappointment and frustration. I think you should also realise that the booing is not necessarily aimed just at the team. It is sometimes intended to be a little more far reaching than this.

If we could simply see improvements in the basics such as lack of leadership and lack of cohesion on the pitch, maybe even a set move now and again, then more of us would feel a little more convinced that we are on the right path and may be a little more patient.

I apologise for such a long winded rant, and this is not a personal dig at Josie, but as fans and shareholders we also have a duty of care. Pretending everything is rosy when we have been laughed at so many times over the last few seasons is not becoming of the biggest name in world rugby league.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

We`re going over old ground here Noble should have been sacked last year following the millenium weekend and then Huddersfield .
Lenegans not got the bottle to sack him , so we`re left with a boring forward related won`t play youngsters coach .
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

At least we are safe from relegation and at this point 150/1 for coming bottom mught be worth a tenner (at least I'd have something to celebrate).
Nobby did the job brought in for after agent Millward, but I really can't see a long term future.
Stick with him to the end of the season, but start negociations for another coach now, rather than wait until it is too late
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

what has he actually done for our once great, (and still great to me) club. ok finishing 3rd 2 years, and saving us from relegation. but did he save us or was it a case of the players weren't playing for millward. i only hope we start getting some pride back into our club, if noble can't motivate them then its time he went and someone brought in who can.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

How can he motivate them when ever thread calls for his blood. How many great coaches have flowndered when they came to Wigan. How many player came with big reps and never made the grade. The coahes have left, the players have left, WHO IS LEFT. The fans? coincidence?
Jim
pedro

Post by pedro »

hoe many great coaches have failed?..I cant remember any
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

So Wigan's wilderness years are down to poor coaches. How many came here with good reps only to leave with their heads hung low. Unwanted. Now you want them back. Millward. Fans screaming for blood as soon as he arrived. Noble the best coach in superleague, tipped to coach first grade in OZ can't cut the mustard.Jim
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Ill have a pint of what she's been drinking!!! Sorry but your in a dream world. Wigan are not average they are cr*p. I wouldnt let Noble coach an amature team. Why people think he is a good coach just baffles me. The only reason he won anythin with Bradford is because he had an enormous set of players who trampled over every one. He didnt do anythin with an average Britain side did he :lol:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

we all know that the dressing room was lost to Mildred.
But
IF we are going to be fair that was not entirely his fault.
The club could have chosen to back him and got rid of the route of the problem straight away.
They didn't and the dressing room rift could only widen as players knew nothing would happen.
He was given no money so we had the inevitable standard of signings followed by results you would expect.

I am not saying he was brilliant but lets have a bit of fairness and perspective.

Noble came in.
All those players were shipped out (bar one) and suddenly we have the funds to get Dobbo and Fielden to save the day.
OK the Cap was another issue.

I don't buy it with Noble as great coach.
He was a great coach of Bradford YES.
I think it was more one of those right man in the right place at the right time sort of things.
I have no doubt that he would coach us well if we had the kind of personel he had then. His style is suited to a team of giants.
He has not shown me that he can coach a team that do not play that style of rugby.

www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I want to see all our youngsters playing 3 x Tomkins, Ainscough, Liam Farrell, Tuson, Davies, Gerrard, Vievers etc I go watching these kids every week, but what will you all do if they come into the team and lose and they lose their confidence? There is nothing I want more than a team full of our youngsters winning all before them. But it will never happen sorry to say 'cos the club will always want more experienced players whether they are from other British clubs, from Oz or NZ. :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan