Stains Warrington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Stains Warrington

Post by highland convert »

Mickey played well because he was allowed to behind a pack that splattered stains all over the pack. Graham man of steel I would not swop for Coley. Every tackle he lay down. Completely dominated by Warrington. Warrinington's game untill a seriesof very poor reffing decisions turned the game. A Penney try not checked just rubbed off. The one replay made it look good to me. However if it was not stains knocked it dead. Briers ponced on a loose pass from Long ref called it back as a Briers knock on because he tackled Long. Ref called held 5 times but he still allowed stains to push the player back from the ten metre to two metres from the Wire line. Little things half way through the second half by the ref totally destroyed a thrilling match.
Oh and by the way the two amegos were refering to Wire getting turned over by the champions. thats why stains are the champions. It does not get any better.
Jim
trotski_tgwu

Re: Stains Warrington

Post by trotski_tgwu »

highland convert wrote:Mickey played well because he was allowed to behind a pack that splattered stains all over the pack. Graham man of steel I would not swop for Coley. Every tackle he lay down. Completely dominated by Warrington. Warrinington's game untill a seriesof very poor reffing decisions turned the game. A Penney try not checked just rubbed off. The one replay made it look good to me. However if it was not stains knocked it dead. Briers ponced on a loose pass from Long ref called it back as a Briers knock on because he tackled Long. Ref called held 5 times but he still allowed stains to push the player back from the ten metre to two metres from the Wire line. Little things half way through the second half by the ref totally destroyed a thrilling match.
Oh and by the way the two amegos were refering to Wire getting turned over by the champions. thats why stains are the champions. It does not get any better.
Jim
I tirned the sound off so as not to hurt my delicate ears with those two prattling on, mind you i was listening to the wigan game online so was still not pleased :angry:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

if leeds or saints are on telly its a good idea to mute it.

Warrington started the season well, obviously first game in it could have gone either way, it seems saints are fitter and have more options. I believe wolves will be stronger this season compared with cullens reign at the neginning of last season.

Mickey :blush:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal wrote:if leeds or saints are on telly its a good idea to mute it.

Warrington started the season well, obviously first game in it could have gone either way, it seems saints are fitter and have more options. I believe wolves will be stronger this season compared with cullens reign at the neginning of last season.
So do I. Their pack in particular looks better.
pedro

Post by pedro »

when you drop the other andersom back in it its the best pack in the league with the bench pack looking very strong also
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think Saints are a far cleverer team than many give them credit for. Wire played a very basic powerhouse game that is common in most SL teams. Low risk, reduce mistakes. I concur with others that Wire with their team should be the best of all the teams that gameplan.

Saints moved the ball around more. They made some mistakes. However, in moving the ball they started to tire the Wire defenders who, even though Saints were going laterally, were having to run far more than had Saints simply played th same gameplan as Wire.

Many SL forward packs are IMO now bigger than NRL forward packs. With size comes reduced agility, speed, endurance and thus the Saints game plan was playing to their own strengths and the weaknesses of Wire. It means that as the game progresses Saints can score tries in rapid succession.

For me the secret in SL is to allow the opposition to move up in their training plan routinge defence and then with second phase play make those defenders adjust whereby they become dependent upon their own intelligence. This has never been more thecase with teams playing very compressed defensive lines.