Ainscough and what fans need to realise

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Ainscough and what fans need to realise

Post by cpwigan »

If you are fortunate to be able to watch the academy / reserves then you will no doubt agree with what I say. What Ainscough did tonight was no different than what he has been doing match after match since he signed for this club.

Yet in 2008 he was left to rot in the academy. It took an outstanding game for England v Aus for him to even start getting reserve games. Why did it take a non Wigan tour for the Wigan coach to realise what everybody could see for 2 years + ?

He only played tonight because somebody was injured. Why?

IMO, Ainscough is the type of player who will get better as the standard of competition he play in gets better.

Whatsmore. He is not alone. We have more such players.
Frazzle

Re: Ainscough and what fans need to realise

Post by Frazzle »

We haven't had a player that can finish like he did tonight (totally skin the opposition winger & fullback) for a long time.

He deserves to keep his place for next week from tonights performance IMO.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Frazzle wrote:We haven't had a player that can finish like he did tonight (totally skin the opposition winger & fullback) for a long time.

He deserves to keep his place for next week from tonight's performance IMO.
He does and the crowds reaction when his name was read out on the team list was the biggest cheer of all the players.

It's clear the fans wanted to see him out there and he did not disappoint.

Dave
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

It was clear that Castried to intimidate him on a few occassions and he stood up to them everytime unlike some of his more experienced teammates - a great debut
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

How great was it to see a player interact with the crowd too when he scored. Far too often players are discouraged from celebrating and stupid accusation are thrown regarding the size of a players head or attitude when they do so.

The reality is it should be encouraged. It is the players giving a little back to the fans. Gilly and Hanley did it and fans welcomed it.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Brilliant Deput, thought he shone.

BUT as soon as Phelps is fit he will replace him, then we'll be back to normal....

Boring... :eusa17:
the_Warrior_in_Brum

Post by the_Warrior_in_Brum »

Ainscough scrum half, Pryce stand off. trust me!!
THERE ARE TWO SECRETS TO GREAT WEALTH AND SUCCESS
FIRSTLY DON’T TELL ANYBODY EVERYTHING YOU KNOW…..
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Have watched Shaun for a few years now and Cp is right has been outstanding for the academy/reserves and like Sam Tomkins should have been played, as far as I'm concerned, last season in the first team squad, another is Liam Farrell imo.

We still need Pat at fullback and for kicking the goals/conversions.

I still believe we can come good tho' :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Ainscough should be the first name down on the teamsheet next week.
I thought that KP showed some promising signs despite showing that he obviously isn't fully fit yet. However, sitting in a stand isn't going to get him fitter and 80 minutes will have done him no harm at all.

I would love to see Ben Davies given a bit of game time.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:I would love to see Ben Davies given a bit of game time.
I know nothing about this player as I don't get to watch the junior sides given where I live.

Does Noble know he exists?

Dave