Arise Sam Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

Arise Sam Tomkins

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

McIlorum banned for 1 game, Sam Tomkins, Come on down
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
cpwigan

Re: Arise Sam Tomkins

Post by cpwigan »

It should happen but like many I have my doubts until I actually see it. Noble can play musical chairs to avoid doing so if he so chooses.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Mcilorum didn't feature in the first game against Wakefield and Noble decided to go with moving LeuLuia to hooker when Riddell was off and putting O'Loughlin to stand off.

Noble is a forwards man so if he can get away with a bench full of forwards then he will.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Come on Sam
Become an Instant Legend
Become The Wigan Warrior
Become The Saviour

bit dramatic but if there is a tiny chance our lads can get there rightful place then i will get excited
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Tomkins should be in the team but at the expense of Smith. It is unfortunate that McIlorium is banned, he had a good game on Friday and easily outshone Riddell.

The best thing that Noble can do is pick our local lads. We may not win but the supporters will really get behind the team and the experience will do them the world of good. We may as well write off our season and look to fast-track our bunch of juniors.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I like you SEFC
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

To be succesful, the youngsters have to be brought on. I can't understand why Noble did'nt play young sam in the same team as TB, even if TB had been re positioned at loose forward. This shows no fore thought by Noble whatsoever. For some reason, he has always created a team of more aged, bulked up players.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Tomkins should be in the team but at the expense of Smith. It is unfortunate that McIlorium is banned, he had a good game on Friday and easily outshone Riddell.

The best thing that Noble can do is pick our local lads. We may not win but the supporters will really get behind the team and the experience will do them the world of good. We may as well write off our season and look to fast-track our bunch of juniors.
It's three games in. The eternal optimism of the Wigan supporter.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

as mentioned above McIlorum didnt feature in the Wakefield game but it really didnt work switchin O'Loughlin to 6 so if Noble opens his eyes then this is a perfect opportunity for Sam to get some game time!!...... I wont hold my breath!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Tomkins should be in the team but at the expense of Smith. It is unfortunate that McIlorium is banned, he had a good game on Friday and easily outshone Riddell.

But then who plays #7 when Leuluai replaces Riddell?

I'd have Smith on the bench, start with ST and TL, Smith replaces TL when he goes to hooker.