Lets show them

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Lets show them

Post by cumbria_warrior »

A few away fans lately have been saying that the wigan fans dont get behind there team like they used to and are very quiet in the stands. I dont think we are but hows about we remind bradford on saturday that the fans are the best there are in rugby league for getting behind there team? let them hear us all for the full game! After all the bad times this season are behind us (i hope)
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Lets show them

Post by Mike »

cumbria_warrior wrote:A few away fans lately have been saying that the wigan fans dont get behind there team like they used to and are very quiet in the stands. I dont think we are but hows about we remind bradford on saturday that the fans are the best there are in rugby league for getting behind there team? let them hear us all for the full game! After all the bad times this season are behind us (i hope)
ACtually, WIgan fans never got behind their team very vocally. We are a notoriously quiet crowd at home. Away is a different story though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Maybe so, but is it not about time we help the team at home the same way as away? I think it is myself
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Bratfud never bring no bugger to listen to any noise form the wigan fans....so they wont really know!

home atmosphere, singing, getting behind the team = RAAAABBISH!

Away = 90% superb!

just one of the reasons i'm aiming to attend more away games this year than home!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

we may not be too loud away in some opinions but

FACT - WE ARE THE BEST SUPPORTED AWAY TEAM IN RUGBY
FACT - WE ARE THE SECOND BEST SUPPORTED HOME TEAM IN RUGBY

so no one bar leeds can call our support and be proud of theres

but lets show why we are the best vocal fans in the world

if carlsberg did Rugby Fans...
gw

Post by gw »

THE 18th Man wrote:

FACT - WE ARE THE BEST SUPPORTED AWAY TEAM IN RUGBY

Jake

Post by Jake »

cumbria_warrior wrote: A few away fans lately have been saying that the wigan fans dont get behind there team like they used to and are very quiet in the stands. I dont think we are but hows about we remind bradford on saturday that the fans are the best there are in rugby league for getting behind there team? let them hear us all for the full game! After all the bad times this season are behind us (i hope)
This has been talked about for years,we do however get behind the team in numbers we go to lots of grounds and outnumber the home speccys on a regular basis
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The JJB doesnt allow many peopleto mingle. you get pockets in the east and south where the singers go cant really get songs going. our atmosphere at home is like mesnes park on a sunday morning, people just talking.

I dont mind that but when away I join in the singing where our away support shows the game who we are.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

cumbria_warrior wrote:A few away fans lately have been saying that the wigan fans dont get behind there team like they used to and are very quiet in the stands. I dont think we are but hows about we remind bradford on saturday that the fans are the best there are in rugby league for getting behind there team? let them hear us all for the full game! After all the bad times this season are behind us (i hope)
Just thinking about this , if someone was to print off the song or even a song sheet couldnt we ask the stewarts or whoever to hand them out as people arrive or when actually in the stadium ?. A good way (maybe) to get everyone singing, would be for the staff at the stadium to do an announcement over the mike asking all fans to look at the song sheet and do a practice run , or something like that. It is goona benefit the club, players and the fans who may not know the words to some of the songs. Also good to show the away end wot we are about and make some bloody noise and a really decent atmosphere. !!

white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Leeds play a certain song over the PA system and the whole crowd bursts into song. maybe wigan could sort something like that out.. someone email them!!

I dont know if anyone has noticed that we never sound loud home or away when were on sky?? i think sky put the microphones as far away from us as possible. saints last yeat at the end of the game (16-16) we were the loudest by far and on sky you couldnt even hear us.
WIGAN TILL I DIE