Re: Harlequins seating arrangment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

removed by mod
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
simmy1

Post by simmy1 »

was stood right behind the blokes arguing started when one guy thoght it big to punch the girlfriend of the other guy he then tried to knock lumps of the other looked worse that it was with people trying to keep em apart they did shake hands before the end ...didnt spoil my day out though BUT AGREE ITS NOT WANTED

think the quins stewards casued the issue with seating we were told to sit anywhere and had nothing to do with having a drink which has been claimed and to be honest what did it matter there was enough seats for everyone in the end reserved or not it didnt matter
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The reserved seating arrangements were a shambles. How can someone who was among the first to buy the £20 tickets, is disabled and be seated right at the top of the stadium. The stewards saw the situation and told her and her carer to sit lower down, they were then ousted out of their seats by ablebodied fans. A guy with two walking sticks and suffering from diabetes was also told to sit lower down in the £20 seats again to be ousted by young fit ablebodied supporters.

The whole thing was a disgrace, and when I asked one of the stewards why they had made these seating arrangements they said it was a trial to see how it worked!

Well let me tell you that it didn't work. What was wrong with the way we used to be seated in that stand when it was always allocated as the away stand, unreserved seating, there were never any problems then. Or, was it down to, as some said, to make the ground look full due to it being on Sky? I still think there were as many, if not more, Wigan supporters than Quins.

It used to be a great atmosphere going to this fixture. Fans were able to walk round to were the dugouts are and see, chat and have pictures taken with the players before the game. I'm afraid this year was a big letdown regarding the stadium. The best thing about the day was the Wigan win.

Well done lads for grinding out the win when it has always been a difficult place for teams to play.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Two women off our coach bought tickets for the east stand, but ended up sittin with us in the north because of all the problems with someone in there seats. they ended up havin a great time.

the stewards, all 15 of them, had not got a clue. i asked if the east stand was reseved and they said "ermm i think so"

dont get me started on the price of a cheese burger!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

wiganer in exile

Post by wiganer in exile »

I bought my ticket for the Wigan end of the Etihad from Harlequins cause I live in London - they were selling them for the whole stand, not just the 'home' parts where them flags were.

Much preferred it last season when it were unreserved in the other stand, but if they're only getting 2,000 (if that!) home fans a game they won't want to pay for extra stewarding and all that if they can try and shove everyone in one stand.

Overhearing some Quins fans on the train on the way back it seems they're not happy with sharing a stand either - a lot of them have had their season tickets moved from the half way line to the 20 yd line to accommodate it.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cpwigan wrote:You are allowed to express your views here with little or no censoring unless it becomes libel related. Mike as the owner decides upon that. Such cases are few abd far between and it does not matter who you are because the last post Mike had to censor was by a moderator (me) oopps
CP i think Pie Man means not to name and shame the bloke fighting on here as the club have been given his name and pictures. Plus it would keep the site right, so no legal action could be taken if someone did name and shame. If that makes sence.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

JJ wrote:I had a good day at Harlequins yesterday, though there was a lot of confusion with seating. it was reserved seating though people were just sitting where they wanted, then as the ground got fuller there was a lot of arguing amongst the fans because there ticket seats were already occupied.
(Some people said the stewards told them they could sit anywhere, though surly they could see that they had seat numbers on their tickets.
The tickets for South stand at Wigan have seat/row numbers on them also, but are additionally marked "unreserved seating" or something similar.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

we was talking to Ian Lenagan before the match and he said wigan had sold over 2000 tickets for the match.but it was sooo confusing i had no idea where we was ment to be sitting oh well didnt spoil the match!
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx