How big is Barrows ground

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: How big is Barrows ground

Post by Mike »

Fan zone has 7,500, but the latest news story from June 2008 is that the safetly officials were considering raising the capacity from 4000 to 6000.

http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/1.121403
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Barrow - right get the Sat Nav out - 7,500 is small but hope for a ticket. though it will be a sell-out
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

ground is ok only one proper stand really, I think it will be filled anyway. Only up the road for me (if I can get tickets) :conf: Not got a bad team either, lots of new players this year and they are playing quite well.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Will be interesting to see how the club manage this one. As stated, it is subject to availability.
If there are around 10k ST holders, how many would actually go to the game (even if a free ticket)?
Will have to wait and see, but if I don't get one I'll be a tad miffed :(
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

when do the tickets usually go on sale? There is not really anywhere else that the game could be played locally to barrow so it will be at The Mark Coward Stadium Craven Park,
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

what if the club said due to the size of Barrows ground that the free ticket offer will roll to the next round. If we don't get through to the next round then the club could post out £10 off vouchers for the shop.

I think that would be fair reather then saying there is 1000 tickets for 10,000 season ticket holders.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barrow's new traffic calming scheme leaves a lot to be desired, what was once simple drive out of Barrow has now been turned into a pain in the arse, the road coming up to the ground has been perfectly ok for 40/50/60 or how ever many years it has been there, i reckon it's all down to some Jobsworth trying to prove trhat his position is invaluble in this current situation the country's in. :evil:

(i hate going to Barrow in the first place, i like to get in and out as quick as possible before the greyness seeps into my sub conscious :lol: )
barrowwarriors

Post by barrowwarriors »

The roads should not be a problem,just come from the A590 and take the first left after top tiles and that will take you past the ground,free parking in the town centre on sundays.

Always remember when you vist Barrow YOU are lucky,some of us live here,and you can go home,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

barrowwarriors wrote:The roads should not be a problem,just come from the A590 and take the first left after top tiles and that will take you past the ground,free parking in the town centre on sundays.

Always remember when you vist Barrow YOU are lucky,some of us live here,and you can go home,
I take it your not into all this Love Barrow crap thats going on at the moment
barrowwarriors

Post by barrowwarriors »

Not really, born Barrow,live Barrow,die Barrow,Wigan rugby fri,sat,sun.